Nose poker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey now!!!!

yeah... that was a real bitch to find that out..... I'm telling you..... :shakehead:

Like when your little sister turned it on? :blinking:

Hey, I was even more "sophisticated"...I took a 12 volt battery, a "trunk compressor" (one of those low volume-high pressure jobs folks keep in their vehicles to air up flat tires), and a garden hose with a snorkel mouthpiece on it.

Don't worry...the volume was too low to breath, so I wasn't on it nearly long enough to be poisoned from the oil vapor and such.

But yes, those were the days!

That's what I'm talking about! :thumb:

There I was, prepared to dive the Oriskany. I had the 'sorb' loaded in my trimix, and my two Spare Airs on my hips. I was going alone because my buddy forgot his deco mix. I was down only an hour and a half, but on the way back up, a Great White hit my rebreather. I had to do an emergency ascent from 230' . . . Thank God my deco bottle had that garden hose attached, or I'd never had made it.

:D

That's what I'm talking about! :thumb:

There I was, prepared to dive the Oriskany. I had the 'sorb' loaded in my trimix, and my two Spare Airs on my hips. I was going alone because my buddy forgot his deco mix. I was down only an hour and a half, but on the way back up, a Great White hit my rebreather. I had to do an emergency ascent from 230' . . . Thank God my deco bottle had that garden hose attached, or I'd never had made it.

Did you take a shovel with you also?

to dig a hole in the sand?

(the oriskany isn't 230ft deep. more like 212ft to the sand. ). The rest of it is perfectly believable! :thumb:

Last edited:
:confused::confused:Had a guy tell once thay used a water hose about twenty foot long for a snorkle.:no::no:

Ya know...my sister was able to do that...she was pretty popular with the boys in the neighborhood! :shocked2:

Something about a golf ball and 50 feet of garden hose also :confused::popcorn:

Last edited:
Did you take a shovel with you also?

to dig a hole in the sand?

(the oriskany isn't 230ft deep. more like 212ft to the sand. ). The rest of it is perfectly believable! :thumb:

Hey, that's what I had to do on our last dive trip! After our first dive, my computer said I'd been down to 300' for 999 minutes! I must be one heckuva diver to accomplish that on a single tank, in a bay that's only about 35 feet deep at the max. But, my computer said it, so it must be true!Okay, so it counted down from 200 feet to 300 feet while we were sitting at the table after the dive, but it still said I went that deep! Dagnabbit, I need some kind of bragging rights!

Reminds me of what my coworker says about the difference between fairy tales and sea stories. Fairy tales begin with, "Once upon a time," while sea stories begin with, "This ain't no bull****..."

Don't worry...the volume was too low to breath, so I wasn't on it nearly long enough to be poisoned from the oil vapor and such.

:DI'm not so sure... can you proove it?:idk:

I saw a guy onetime with a alumn 80 in a regular back pack used for camping come strolling right out of the local lake with the biggeswt smile on his face. He asked how I manged to get to the bottom I smiled and said find the biggest cinderbolck you can carry!!!! ( I told him the truth later):shocked2::dork2::dork2::dork2::eyebrow::eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom