Northern Swampers dinner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

come to the dinner. Show up at Clear Springs, Athens, or any old mud puddle with us and you're in! :D

Looking forward to the dinner, may help with the W.W...(water withdrawls).

OK, I will be going to the Trail Dust tomorrow to ask them about the availability of Saturday the 18th. I'm thinking I need to have a backup plan just in case something goes awry. Here's what I am thinking...

Awhile back, when a good friend of mine passed away, we had a "wake" for him at the Front Row Grill at The Ballpark at Arlington. There are two rooms that I know of where we can meet and mingle the entire night and just order food as we go along, instead of having just a sitdown dinner together. I can also check on those, if the need arises, but please let me know what you think? It might be more feasible, and not much further a drive for those of you outside the Metroplex.

This isn't as easy as I thought it would be...:confused:

ScubaTexan once bubbled...
This isn't as easy as I thought it would be...:confused:

Ain't it fun! :bonk: :eek:ut:

sealskin98 once bubbled...
come to the dinner. Show up at Clear Springs, Athens, or any old mud puddle with us and you're in! :D

Looking forward to the dinner, may help with the W.W...(water withdrawls).

well i know what you mean about the withdrawls because i would really like to go empty a tank but im sorry its to cold for me, but that will change once i get a drysuit next fall (once i become unbroke from college and other expenses)

but its looking like my first blue water dive will be on valentines weekend in cozy (cross your fingers because it might change). Diving in a quarry only goes so far in getting dive experince

Here's what I found out at Trail Dust Steakhouse today:

Yes, they do have a banquet room, but it seats 90 people and I don't think we have any need for a room that size. It is true that they don't accept reservations on Saturday night, and if we all show up en masse, we could be in for a pretty long wait. I'm afraid we may have to scrap the idea of Trail Dust and just go on to one of the gathering rooms at The Front Row Grill at The Ballpark. It seems more feasible to me anyway...just order when you want to and come and go when you want to. The food is brought to you right where you want to sit in the room, and you can mingle for as long as you like.

For those of you coming that have never been to the Ballpark, here is how you get there:

From the west (FW) -- take 820 south to I-30 East and follow 30 into Arlington. Exit at Nolan Ryan Expressway and take Nolan Ryan down to Randol Mill Road, where you will turn left. The Front Row Grill faces Randol Mill, so park in the first lot across the street from the stadium.

From the east (Dallas) -- take I-30 West into Arlington and exit at Ballpark Way (the first exit past 360). Come across the bridge at Ballpark and follow it down to Randol Mill, then turn right and enter the same aforementioned lot.

Please let me know what you think.

Ken

What if someone were coming from the south? :)

I think that was where a buddy of mine and myself were supposed to go for drinks and Hors d´ Oeurves a couple of years ago; then see a free Ranger game (one of his perks). It was scheduled for about an hour and a half from when we got back from Coz. We landed in time to make it, but once we got to DFW after a week of diving we were too tired to do the game and then drive all the way home afterwards.

This looks like a good plan. :)

Dee once bubbled...
What if someone were coming from the south?

From I-45 hit I-30 and take the "from the east" route. :eek:ut:

As I said to you earlier tonight, Ken, the plan works for us as well. I'll let everybody know that I can.

I'll see JAG tomorrow & let you know about her and flyer.

Maybe Bill Walton will see this post, but he's been so busy lately - I'll email him or call him to find out about the two of them.

As far as I know, our friend, Chris is coming too.

I'll email SeaHunt just in case he hasn't been back online to see the change of plans.

Haven't heard anything else from Diablo and Lilly so I'm assuming that Saturday night was when they had planned to be in Corpus.

Everybody else??? We will wait for posts.

Thanks for going over to Trail Dust and sorry that didn't work out....It's THEIR loss !!! We don't need no stinkin' dust anyway....ain't that right, Sealskin?
:eek:ut:

Looking forward to seeing everybody!

The change in plans works for me. Keep us informed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom