Northern Swampers dinner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I said before, I will wait until later this week to make the final arrangements, but for right now, it looks like we will be planning to meet Friday the 17th at 6:00pm at the Trail Dust Steakhouse adjacent to Grapevine Mills Mall. It is next door to Cozymel's, where we met before. We can meet at 6 and schmooz for about 30 minutes, then sit down to eat about 6:30. I will be contacting the restaurant this week to find out what kind of banquet room and facilities they have, plus any room rental fee I might have to pay. At the moment, we have about 14-15 commitments, so we should have a lot of fun. Depending on the success of this event, maybe we could schedule more dinners periodically during the year. I've seen two or three groups that are meeting monthly, but that might be a little bit excessive for us. However, quarterly dinners might work. Let me know what you think. I will continue to provide updates on this thread as warranted.

Ken

on Saturday would be better for us, the wife doesn't get off of work until 5 or 5:30, and it's a 2 hour drive to get there. Couldn't make the 6:30 thing.

Just a thought. :)

Keep us posted on the banquet room fees, if they have one. Been several years since I've been to Trail Dust. (Thinkin' about going to Salvation Army and buyin' a tie for about 25 cents so they can cut it off and I'll get a free drink! Umm, necktie party?) Ewww, that's lame.

sealskin98 once bubbled...
on Saturday would be better for us, the wife doesn't get off of work until 5 or 5:30, and it's a 2 hour drive to get there. Couldn't make the 6:30 thing.

I completely forgot that you guys were having to come from Paris. I apologize. OK, it looks like it needs to be the 18th, since we're celebrating your birthdays, too.

Been several years since I've been to Trail Dust. (Thinkin' about going to Salvation Army and buyin' a tie for about 25 cents so they can cut it off and I'll get a free drink! Umm, necktie party?)

LOL....yep, them's the house rules! I, however, will NOT be wearing a tie....I'll wear my dinner home on my shirt, instead...:wink:

Does anyone have any objections to the 18th instead? If so, please let us know. Thanks.

Ken

Count Michelle out as she is probably doing something else.

Count TexasMike in. I'm keeping him posted. ( Jeeze I'm a nice guy)

Keep in mind restaurants are hesitant to reserve out whole rooms for small groups on weekends. Getting a reservation is not a problem. Getting a private room will be next to impossible on a Friday or Saturday evening.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn once bubbled...

Keep in mind restaurants are hesitant to reserve out whole rooms for small groups on weekends. Getting a reservation is not a problem. Getting a private room will be next to impossible on a Friday or Saturday evening.
I checked Trail Dust's web site www.traildust.com and it said that they don't accept reservations at the Grapevine location on Saturdays, but you could always ask anyway. Any one of the locations would be fine with me.

Reservations? We don't need no stinkin' reservations. We'll just commandeer tables! :D

Hey Ken..add three more to your list.

Got an email from JAG and flyer - they will be there. She said she would check the board for details.

Bill talked to another one of our friends and he said he will probably be there too. He was in DM training with Bill. He isn't on the board YET but has heard us talk about it and is interested in meeting everybody.

No word yet from Diablo and Lilly as to whether they can still come since the change from Friday to Saturday. I think they were going to Corpus to pick up their kayak on Saturday so they probably won't be able to join us. :( But, I'll let you know if I hear anything else.

Like, Sealskin said, we will probably be able to get enough tables since we will be there early. Ken, have you talked to the management at Trail Dust yet?

Hey TwoBit....Sorry to hear that Michelle may not be joining us. Ask her to please come if possible to provide balance. The testosterone level of this get together is rising as we speak...( "commandeering" tables...:wink: )

do you have to be a offical member of the TSDT to come to this gathering ? i have asked what it took to become a swamper but real no answer (heck give me that snake , because it will be ready to cook when it comes back up )

let me know

Show up and hang around. Come have dinner with us and come dive with us. That's about all.

Oh, snakes MUST be eaten RAW!

Jim

Yes, please come have dinner with us. We'd love to have you. And feel free to come dive with us sometime.

No, I haven't had a chance to talk to the Trail Dust yet. I'll try to either tomorrow or Thursday.

BTW....Tab (CavernQT) PM'd me and told me she is interested, so that will make nearly 20...

If there are any Central or Southern Swampers that will be in the DFW area the weekend of the 18th, feel free to come join us. I need to know in advance, however, if at all possible.

Ken :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom