Non-diving questions about the DFW area.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Universal Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hauoli Makahiki Hou! (Happy New Year) from Hawai'i.

I'm doing my research to move out to the North DFW area but can't seem to find any forums or informative websites that can help me out.

I am a diver hoping other divers can help me out.

Does anyone know of any websites I could check out for information about logistics, housing, jobs, etc. for the Plano, Frisco, McKinney areas?

Thank you in advance if anyone responds.

Chris in Hawai'i

We used www.city-data 3 years ago to get us started.

After the basic info from that site, we relied mostly on realty.com to look around for houses.

Good luck!

....and after you get here, you'll have to get into the fun stuff of diving with us!!

Do yourself a huge favor and stay in Hawaii. I think you'll like the diving there much better! I know there's a few of us on here that would even come and help you make rent if that's an issue.

Gotta agree w/ Pville. All the suburbs you listed have nothing but chain restaurants and big box retail. No real difference between them at all. Or, for that matter, between them and any other bland, whitebread community you might care to name.

"any other bland, whitebread community" ??
I prefer wheat bread, thank you.

I have a friend who refers to this homogenization of America as . . . . Generica.
So, welcome to Generica!

You Racist Bass Turds !!

The poor guy is just trying to make his way !

Aloha Dude !! ... Maui Wowie !!

The closest we have to Don Ho.... is Arapaho
That's a street.
We can't say that anymore because folks think we are saying A Rapper Ho .
And we Show can't say that no more.

FYI.....
I tried to look up how to spell Honolulu, Hawaii but it was not on my NASCAR Map. "" Really "" check it for yourself ! It ain't there !

It's all just a big understanding around here .

Come dive with us :wink:

Last edited:
You Racist Bass Turds !!

The poor guy is just trying to make his way !

Aloha Dude !! ... Maui Wowie !!

FYI.....
I tried to look up how to spell Honolulu, Hawaii but it was not on my NASCAR Map. "" Really "" check it for yourself ! It ain't there !

Once again, Timeliner brings us back down to earth. Didn't want to come off as such a downer but compared to where you are, well, just don't set your sights too high and you won't be disappointed. You might come for a visit before moving here to see for yourself. We promise to take you diving in some of the local mudholes if you do. :eyebrow:

Ok, I have to ask...out of all the places in the US to move why move to texas? Not that it is bad here, but I have lived in a few other states and if I could move back I would. Just a personal preference. Heck...if I could move to hawaii I would!

But, to answer part of your question. Try to stay in the suburbs of the big cities of Dallas and Fort Worth. Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Allen, Richardson ect are all good cities to live in with good school systems.

Maybe ScubaTexasTony could help him adjust to the differences :wink:

He spent years in the tropics diving the best of the best and still has time to show me a black water electrical generation plant cooling pond for us to explore .

I'm hoping that your definition of "black water" differs from mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom