Non-diving questions about the DFW area.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to put in my vote for the city. I live 5 mins from downtown and everything is 5 mins away - except for all my friends in the suburbs :) City life is good! We even have a dive shop inside of Loop 12!!

That's aloha in Texan. As for info on Dallas, it's (was) a nice town to be born in, but Pa and Mama moved to the piney woods some 50 years ago, and I grew up a bonified country boy. I've worked and "stayed" in Plano, Austin, Houston, but fled to the clear air and blue skies on the weekends.

Hey Frank! We need to hit one of those black water ponds sometime. As for comparing the clear warm Carribean waters and endless summers to home....

.....it's all about being a Native....:D home is home sweet home.

~tony

Man, after reading this thread, the OP probably won't want to live here!!:angrymob:

Don't you guys know, home is where you are!

Well, if you don't want "white bread" and generic chains, look at Addison (Baseline Rd in particular).

But there's a lot to welcome you here to Tx. I served over 20 years in the military, living around the country and some foreign lands too, and I CHOSE Texas.

You locals are only local because of a geographic coincidence at birth your parents (or furhter back) lucked into. I made my decision myself.

Anyway, I'm sure that I'll catch a lot of flames, but I'll take 'em here in TX.

Remember, while in transition it will be acceptable to say "Aloha, ya'all"

I just hate to lead the guy on. He'll be leaving one of the most beautiful places on the planet to come to a place where there is no natural beauty at all. Even the women in the 'burbs have no natural beauty. Fake hair color, fake boobs, fake noses. The same collection of restaurants every 10 miles on center. Hundreds of square miles of bland, cookie cutter builder homes with cracking foundations. Very few mature trees. Rivers and creeks that have been put in pipes underground. This pretty much describes everything north of LBJ and south of Denton.

If you have to live near Dallas somewhere try looking at these:

Turtle Creek/Oak Lawn
Swiss Avenue Historic District
Uptown
Downtown
Munger Place Historic District
Junius Heights Historic District
Lakewood
Lakewood Heights
M-streets
Hollywood Heights
Lake Highlands
Kessler Park
The Cedars
Don't know the name of it but the neighborhood immediately east of White Rock Lake is very nice.

All of these neighborhoods have a distinct feel to them. Some are for the young, hip urban pioneer type. Some are for the middle age empty nester type. Some are for the very affluent. Some are very modest. But they are all unique neighborhoods with their own indigenous restaurants shopping and architectural language and they are all worth a look.

In summary, looking at the list above, be like me and live SOUTH of 635 :) Inside Loop 12 if you can!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom