Non DCI diving maladies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

30's, pretty fit, lift weights 4 x weekly. Probably should have included some of that in my initial post.

The whole experience was odd, and ultimately I'm no expert in hyperbaric medicine so will defer to those who are, but yeah, just a weird thing.
"...did some repetitive deco dives, had some joint pain / throbbing (started with elbow shortly after dive - then subsided for a bit), felt a unsteady on my feet... Next day aches seem to worsen slightly (still mild, but now in more parts of the body). Dull aches that seemed transitory and intermittent. Throb in the elbow for a few minutes, then gone. Dull ache in the lower back for a bit, then gone. A quick throb in the knee. Achy knuckles for a few minutes, then gone etc."

I'm "only" 56, but this all sounds exactly normal after some hard physical activity (and a boat ride for the unsteadyness).

Enjoy your time while it's still worth remarking on. :)

...The whole experience was odd, and ultimately I'm no expert in hyperbaric medicine so will defer to those who are, but yeah, just a weird thing.

Great information - thanks for clarifying.
You might be interested some or all of the recent article by Simon Mitchell that he posted on SB.

Back
Top Bottom