No Topic/Chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2013-04-27 14.17.45.jpgIN the words of some movieI think I saw... "I think I need a bigger boat!!!" This is the front of my Yak! LOL you don't even want to know what is in the back of it! Special Shout out to Jamie! When you passed me on the Aristakat were you praising me or saying my prayers with the bows! LOL. Will post finds later on. Hope you all had a great Memorial Day dive. Met many old (ok, we say we are not old) divers/friends and some new friends (yeah I have more grey than you but we both have grey!) this weekend. Seems like this past weekend was just really nice. Heard all the Charters had amazing finds. Maybe 2013 is the lucky year for adventures? I Hope so. Anyway, Stay safe, Enjoy the Journey, will post finds later (or you can get a preview on TheSharkToothGuy (Facebook) and yes it is self promoting, but at my age, I will take it where I can get it!). :) Peace and Enjoy the Journey!

Great pic John. Looking forward to trying that out.

Does anyone know what Florid West charges for Air and Nitrox fills? I can not get anyone to answer the phone there. After hours it looks like

thanks

Last edited:
Great pic John. Looking forward to trying that out.

Does anyone know what Florid West charges for Air and Nitrox fills? I can not get anyone to answer the phone there.

thanks

I just filled at Florida West all weekend. It was $5 for Air. I didnt get Nitrox.

nice. Thanks. I will be looking at two weeks worth of fills. last of june first of july

Just talked to Steve
100cf and under $5 for air $10 for nitrox
over 100cf $6.50 for air $12 for nitrox

Normally, I'd say next weekend, but the winds are out of the west all week, so I'd say by around the 19th or so. <crossing fingers>

I kept hoping the forecast would change as it got closer.
Doesn't look like any sign of that at this point.
Days of westerly winds makes me sad, though most of them look like they are pretty light winds.
I'm still kinda hoping for some mid-late week dive reports with some of our friendly locals saying "visibility is extraordinary for the wind direction; it's worth making the drive down" LMAO

Yes, I'm a dreamer

I kept hoping the forecast would change as it got closer.
Doesn't look like any sign of that at this point.
Days of westerly winds makes me sad, though most of them look like they are pretty light winds.
I'm still kinda hoping for some mid-late week dive reports with some of our friendly locals saying "visibility is extraordinary for the wind direction; it's worth making the drive down" LMAO

Yes, I'm a dreamer

I ended up going out there on Saturday. The temp was upper 80s and visibility was very good. Conditions probably changed drastically once you hit the water, though :wink:. Green and Nasty. I did manage to find a perfect hemi on the beach, about 1/4". I also found a mask that I honestly think I lost at venice beach years ago. It's the right color, I gotta clean it up and see what model it is, but I think it's mine.

Kids had a good time walking on the beach, and I was able to point out several rip tides to them, so they can recognize those now. Not a total waste.

fingers crossed for the end of the month. I should be there June and leave the morning of July 6. Looking forward to going out with Jamie this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom