No Topic/Chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey I know I asked this question before but I dont think i really got any answers.
Does or has anyone done any night dives around the Venice area? We do quite a bit back home in the lakes, but was just wondering if there where any reasons why one should not here?
Thanks

hey I know I asked this question before but I dont think i really got any answers.
Does or has anyone done any night dives around the Venice area? We do quite a bit back home in the lakes, but was just wondering if there where any reasons why one should not here?
Thanks

I have seen people doing night dives from Alhambra. We never have as our purpose is to find teeth, and the viz being what it is, I would imagine it is worse in the dark.

I see no reason not to.

any reasons why one should not here?

None that I'm aware of; other than the typical poor visibility issues.
I'd actually thought about night-diving the blocks at Alhambra (which is my favourite area in Venice for life down there), but when I head down it's generally about looking for teeth, and every bit of light helps. Yeah, that's a big part of the reason it seems a rarely touched opportunity.
Venice is a mecca for fossil hunters, but visibility seems to lure everybody else.

There was a ghost hunter group doing a night dive there last year, I never did find out what they were looking for.

Sounds good. I went out yesterday evening, returning to shore right about dark. Viz would definetly be the biggest drawback, but I think if one is kinda use to night diving and had a real good light it could work, just not as well. I to like Alhambra and might still do a night dive there before I go, but not likely, however I think I will be there early tomorrow morning.
thanks to all for the feedback

So, I know the surf is up, but with the East winds coming/been here? has anyone gone out... viz thoughts. Finally have time off from work this weekend and want to get out! Thank you in advance for posting :)

I was out last Thursday, before all this started. Viz was a respectable 6-8ft. When I entered the water, winds were out of the east. When I exited they were out of the south west. When I surfaced, there was, what looked like a research boat doing progressive circles down the shoreline. While sitting on my yak, I notice a green film on the water & when I finally hit the beach, the water was a rust color brown. I assume it was some type of algae bloom. Winds have been blowin' sw & s since then so I would imagine the viz is a mess. It will probably take more than a few days to clear all this out. :( Let us know how it is if you brave it!

Anyone dive today? Did the charters run? Seems like it cleared up this afternoon. I'm planning on heading up there Saturday if the weather gets better. Fingers crossed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom