No Topic/Chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were out today.... Viz was Amazing....... 10-15' @ 22-31' Water was a little warmer as well.. Computers said 65-66.....We could see the bottom in 14' coming threw the jetties....

---------- Post added April 10th, 2013 at 11:11 PM ----------

Ditto to Rick's report.... Did some kayak diving off Golden Beach/Service Club. Can't remember the last time I saw the water that clear. Really warmed up too... my computer was hitting 68 and 69 in some spots. Found some really cool stuff. Will post later.

I heard that the water was 70 down there, didn't believe it as it was mid 60s it seems just a few days ago. Nice to hear the water is warming up 70 is my get in the water temp =)

WOW that is awesome. Last of June will not get here soon enough for me. Hope it keeps getting better

I heard that the water was 70 down there, didn't believe it as it was mid 60s it seems just a few days ago. Nice to hear the water is warming up 70 is my get in the water temp =)

Last week it was 62 today saw 72 really fast warmup proably due to south winds pushing warm/clear water our way.... vis looked great today best all year ..... Just intime for sharks tooth festival

Do you think the SW wind forecast will impact viz or as long as it is flat'ish/this time of year, Viz will stay? Am shocked to see such great viz. Don't remember it being this good for a long time.

magic 8.jpghave to pull out my magic 8 ball forcaster once again to know that anwser :) I sure hope so BUt will know Sat morning if want to know text me I will give you anwser

Do you think the SW wind forecast will impact viz or as long as it is flat'ish/this time of year, Viz will stay? Am shocked to see such great viz. Don't remember it being this good for a long time.

I tried it today and the answer is pea soup, putting a report up in a few minutes.

Just about every year in April we get 10-20' vis that lasts about a week to two.. At least for the last 3 years or so..I would not be surprised to see it here soon.. No rain and calm winds for a week and I'd bet we will see it again... I believe its due to to many factors.. To name a few: Not much rain in April, Cold fronts usually stop making it down so winds generally lightens up, And finally our water starts warming... Its a good recipe for good viz...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom