No Topic/Chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for post Jamie.... Have been enjoying your videos but I think we are all going crazy...almost ready to take up knitting! After the teeth you pulled up sometime ago, I was hoping to find their cousins! Don't worry Jespers, we will leave some (1-2 inchers!) for you when the water warms up :) But, you have to admit, the cold water makes you realize you are alive! Also, for anyone thinking Charters, some of the best teeth I have pulled have been from "winter/spring" dives... so think about booking a charter when things warm up! (and no, they don't pay me for saying that... BUT THEY CAN! OR FREE TRIP! HINT! :wink: .

If anyone does go out, can you also do a silt report.... my gut tells me things have shifted from a month or so ago based on wind/swell patterns I have been tracking. Could be really good or really bad (have to start over on where to look). Peace!

Weird, some of the best teeth I've ever seen or have found myself came from the spring time as well.... Now hush and stop giving all the secrets away!........ It is my belief that the winter cold fronts scrub that bottom and expose new finds for us.. I hate to say it but the boneyard also receives less visitors during that time. The silt is hit and miss tho Dive4LifeSW...I'm always looking around for new bottom anyway. Like a good friend of mine once said "The Teeth are where you find em".. That being said, you just never know until you go down and giver' a look.............

I will keep a few secrets... :) Just like you! :wink: If you ever want to trade some, let me know.... PM me... I am dying to get some info on Manasota Key area. Teeth being pulled out of there I think are better than Venice at times (but again it is where you find them/look). I am thinking about spending 1 or 2 days just poking around areas South of pier/Manasota... I find it hard to be believe there isn't a really good spot within 1/4 - 1/2 mile south of pier.
Also frustrated with the silt... I had some nice spots around Alhambra and the past 6/7 months they got washed out by silt. Regardless, based on wave action/surf forecast we are all going to be on land for the near future (I heard 5 ft surf???). If this keeps up I am going to throw my gear on and start posting viz reports from my pool! Need to dive!
[/QUOTE]

wel at least the wnw winds at 25 knts not effecting you there one more week of this wind then its our turn to hit the big pool/gulf

---------- Post added March 3rd, 2013 at 09:52 PM ----------

Been about a week... still diving "my pool" (see viz report). Man/woman/child (i am neutral, but ask...ALL..)... what happened to the viz!/best winter ever of diving for teeth? Regardless... I blame my rants for being on LAND FAR TOO LONG... I present a question to all those on land... been watching the wave/wind reports. See a BRIEF window this weekend, but given history (wave patterns over past 2 weeks) don't think so... Top layer will be great, bottom and 2-3 ft above that will be what I had for dinner (I am a food-ie and I didn't cook, someone else did)..... Other views (not on what I had for dinner... viz)? Feel free to post... water still cold... teeth still out there.... Have shared my thoughts in past (too many secrets apparently!)... votes/Magic8Ball for this weekend/those willing to freeze their Magic8's (or others) off?
This is my Land-Narcosis ("La-Narcs" been above water too long) RANT for the night!

Nwest winds are the worst it has been nw winds most of week , North My magic 8 ball states low vis if any for weekend but hoping weekend winds(east ) will help clear up vis for next week... Just my 2cents look forward to any vis reports forthcoming we will post Monday evening

Been about a week... still diving "my pool" (see viz report). Man/woman/child (i am neutral, but ask...ALL..)... what happened to the viz!/best winter ever of diving for teeth? Regardless... I blame my rants for being on LAND FAR TOO LONG... I present a question to all those on land... been watching the wave/wind reports. See a BRIEF window this weekend, but given history (wave patterns over past 2 weeks) don't think so... Top layer will be great, bottom and 2-3 ft above that will be what I had for dinner (I am a food-ie and I didn't cook, someone else did)..... Other views (not on what I had for dinner... viz)? Feel free to post... water still cold... teeth still out there.... Have shared my thoughts in past (too many secrets apparently!)... votes/Magic8Ball for this weekend/those willing to freeze their Magic8's (or others) off?
This is my Land-Narcosis ("La-Narcs" been above water too long) RANT for the night!

Thinking of trying to get a day off tomorrow or Thursday... Heard boats went out today... Viz report? Finds? Thank you in advance... you can also PM me on best spots :wink:

I think Man Overboard Charters posted on facebook that viz was 2-6 ft. at the Boneyard.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom