No need to move this thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve

Wow.....what a DB
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK, there is no need to move this thread which is inevitably what would happen anyways because even the serious ideas get relocated to W&C forum. So, I will start this one here. It is, however, a suggestion to make SB a better place.

Since there are people that are empowered to modify, delete and/or relocate information that members have taken the time to type (even when it falls within the TOS), I think a couple things may help those people. Most of the people with this power have good eyesight, a mastery of the English Language and an ability to keep personal agendas out of the equation. Some...not so much.

So I recommend the following:

1. Reading glasses to help when they read the posts they are blindly deleting
reading_glass_1.jpg

2. English Language Aid
http://www.clicknkids.com/Phonics.asp

3. The ability to keep personal agendas out of the equation so that all decisions are solid decisions that are never questionable.

MODS and SB STAFF: Feel free to delete this post and thread, however please, before you do, at least do me the courtesy and READ IT, UNDERSTAND IT and know that it does in fact cross some moving imaginary TOS line. Too often posts are getting deleted with absolutely ZERO notification and posts that did not in any way cross ANY TOS line.

OK, there is no need to move this thread which is inevitably what would happen anyways because even the serious ideas get relocated to W&C forum. So, I will start this one here. It is, however, a suggestion to make SB a better place.

Since there are people that are empowered to modify, delete and/or relocate information that members have taken the time to type (even when it falls within the TOS), I think a couple things may help those people. Most of the people with this power have good eyesight, a mastery of the English Language and an ability to keep personal agendas out of the equation. Some...not so much.

So I recommend the following:

1. Reading glasses to help when they read the posts they are blindly deleting
reading_glass_1.jpg

2. English Language Aid
http://www.clicknkids.com/Phonics.asp

3. The ability to keep personal agendas out of the equation so that all decisions are solid decisions that are never questionable.

MODS and SB STAFF: Feel free to delete this post and thread, however please, before you do, at least do me the courtesy and READ IT, UNDERSTAND IT and know that it does in fact cross some moving imaginary TOS line. Too often posts are getting deleted with absolutely ZERO notification and posts that did not in any way cross ANY TOS line.

Having issues this morning? :popcorn:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread was moved to the Feedback forum as it is related to SB Staff actions.

That kind of discussions is kept here.

The OP has been informed of the move.

Even I can see the humour in the first reply being a RELOCATE post :rofl3: (and yes El notified me and I did thank him for the notification - and the bit of humour as well)

Is there anyone else out there today that is as busy as myself and don't have time to be posting to this thread on ScubaBoard?

:rofl3:

And this thread, while it has turned into a bit of a circus, was posted due to real events in another thread. I truly believe that consistent enforcement of the TOS should be looked into. To delete one post but not others that are clearly worse and against TOS, is just plain unacceptable.

:rofl3:

And this thread, while it has turned into a bit of a circus, was posted due to real events in another thread. I truly believe that consistent enforcement of the TOS should be looked into. To delete one post but not others that are clearly worse and against TOS, is just plain unacceptable.

On a serious note, I totally agree with this. Perhaps you bringing this up will get the the staff at SB to revisit the TOS and the enforcement of it. It does seem to be random at times but I guess that could be because some of those folks see things differently and I understand this. But at the very least it should be consistent within a thread by the same mod.

Back
Top Bottom