No Diving Experience Rental or Purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Put the wear and tear of training on the rental gear, then buy what you want.

Boy us dive shop owners REALLY love people with that attitude. "Wreck the dive operation's gear, then treat your own stuff really nice". Thanks.

Not at all what was said.

Wear and tear should be priced in to your rental rates.

To make my point about waiting and shopping... This is scubapros top of the line and my favorite.

Scubapro MK25/S600 Regulator, DIN | LeisurePro

I jumped into it, I put an order to this regulator as it's on sale, LP says it's out of stock but I was still able to order it.

In addition I got the Aqualung SolaFX... These are good for now, and might just rent the rest during my class.

I can't resist the siren tormenting me :D I'm just hoping that it works out, I'm physically very active so hopefully no medical condition.

I jumped into it, I put an order to this regulator as it's on sale, LP says it's out of stock but I was still able to order it.

In addition I got the Aqualung SolaFX... These are good for now, and might just rent the rest during my class.

I can't resist the siren tormenting me :D I'm just hoping that it works out, I'm physically very active so hopefully no medical condition.

Now that you have ordered, did you make an uneducated mistake, like the ones we were trying to help you avoid telling you to rent for a while? You do realize that you will not be able to use this regs as is for class. First off, you will need pressure gauges and an octo but a less obvious problem is it is DIN. Your shop might have DIN tanks in their rental fleet but the odds are highly against it. DIN tanks are difficult to rent throughout the US and Caribbean. There will be those that tell you DIN syle regs and tanks are much better but in reality they are not. esp when you rent tanks. Reguardless of it being better or not, the fact remains that you will have diffuculty finding tanks to rent. To use the regs if DIN tanks are not available, you must purchase a DIN to yoke adapter (might as well go ahead and order it) to use this reg 90% of the places you go diving.

I would like to get your feedback, regarding this scuba package.
There is nothing 'wrong' with this package. The equipment will provide reasonable quality and functionality both during your training an afterward. I would not buy it myself, but only because I have my own individual preferences for equipment, and I think the price is much higher than is justified by what you get. But, it is your money to spend, and you will get a decent product in exchange for it.

Now that you have ordered, did you make an uneducated mistake, like the ones we were trying to help you avoid telling you to rent for a while? You do realize that you will not be able to use this regs as is for class. First off, you will need pressure gauges and an octo but a less obvious problem is it is DIN. Your shop might have DIN tanks in their rental fleet but the odds are highly against it. DIN tanks are difficult to rent throughout the US and Caribbean. There will be those that tell you DIN syle regs and tanks are much better but in reality they are not. esp when you rent tanks. Reguardless of it being better or not, the fact remains that you will have diffuculty finding tanks to rent. To use the regs if DIN tanks are not available, you must purchase a DIN to yoke adapter (might as well go ahead and order it) to use this reg 90% of the places you go diving.

Thanks for pointing that out I forgot I need to stay with the DIN connector, LP doesn't have them in stock so I am going to cancel the reg, but the wetsuit I'm keeping.

Beaver thanks alot for the offer, awesome!!!

Silent, one other thing to think about before you jump hap-hazardly into regulator purchasing again. Make sure the reg you buy your LDS will service. Most dive shops only service the brands they sell. If you have to send it in to some online place every year to get it serviced..1) it will be expensive as heck with shipping 2) it will suck because you have to wait longer to get it back

OK... Let me be a bit brutal for starters...

What a stupid choice :shakehead: After all this advice to wait and see... Have you ever considered the possibility that 10+ unrelated people saying about the same thing just *might* have a point?

How to proceed now:

Now you need to purhase

1) one high pressure hose,
2) one submersible pressure gauge (2 inch brass ones are good),
3) one low pressure hose,
4) one more regulator (the second regulator).

Then you will have a complete setup for single tank diving. The hoses are cheap(ish). The SPG is not that expensive. The second regulator (mouthpiece etc) will cost a bit of course. You can get it without the hose and 1st stage.

The setup you purchased is intended for stage cylinder diving (ie. third cylinder for extended dive time). Nothing wrong with the regulator. It just has half the features you need and now you need to complete the setup. Scubapro is a well known brand. Don't know much about it - I dive Poseidon and Apeks - but I'm sure it delivers air :eyebrow:

Thanks for pointing that out I forgot I need to stay with the DIN connector, LP doesn't have them in stock so I am going to cancel the reg, but the wetsuit I'm keeping.

If you were able to cancel, check out the deal for a nice HOG setup:

HOG Brand Regulator Packages - Dive Gear Express
under $400 for a full setup (make sure you add the SPG)

These are what I use and most of my tech diving buddies all use. High performance regs, nice braided hoses, can even get the cold water reg option too should you need it for a few bucks more. You won't be disappointed with this setup for the price and how awesome they perform.
It even comes with the DIN to Yoke adapter, various clips, etc to secure your octo and all. Even if you don't use the extras, this is a VERY nice setup that's cheaper and performs just as well as the ridiculously expensive brands.

I was a lobster caught by Beaver Divers :)

I got these whole package and got a huge discount, even when I priced out a used equipment I thought I was still getting a great deal with these.

The only concern I have is I wanted a DIN, I heard about the yoke exploding WTF!?!? but aside from that the regulator is already made and I just need to attach it to a tank that I will soon purchase I am attending my first class this Thursday, if I made a mistake oh well....

Galileo Luna Complete w/ transmitter MK25/S600 New 2013
Seahawk w/Air 2 Grey-Blk/Blu Medium Additional Savings

Slightly Used Seawing Nova gorillas Spectra Dry Snorkel, Blue
Dive 'N Beach Boot, Medium

Total Package Savings $855.70
CREDIT
IrDA USB 2.0 Device - $89.00 Free with package
B.C. and Suit Hanger-Graphite - $14 - Free with package Sub Gear Regulator Bag - $30 Free with package
Total package price - Your Price + Free Shipping
Total Savings of $1150.70

They threw in a free key chain, my only gripe is the yoke valve!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom