No Diving Experience Rental or Purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't get this.

I did my homework left and right I even watch the whole PADI videos it's not rocket science, I was getting is the scubapro MK25/S600 with FPFL is one of the best regulator there is... as well as the seahawk one of the best in 2010 I briefly tried them on and they fit nicely... And by the way those computer is attached to my wrist, and I can upgrade it to a heart monitor that will "calculate" my dive time... Did I miss something else? the fins? it's a 50 $ mistake I'm pumping back to our economy a little, I used to free-dive when I was a kid I haven't had any issue equalizing, help me understand... ?

---------- Post added September 4th, 2013 at 12:13 AM ----------

If I was that naive then I would have bought this? :)

2013 Dive Gear Buyers Guide - Regulators & Octos | Sport Diver

---------- Post added September 4th, 2013 at 12:27 AM ----------

LeisurePro didn't give me any problems returning the scubapro mk25/s600 they are paying for the shipping label, no harm done to the planktons.

I was a lobster caught by Beaver Divers :)

I got these whole package and got a huge discount, even when I priced out a used equipment I thought I was still getting a great deal with these.

The only concern I have is I wanted a DIN, I heard about the yoke exploding WTF!?!? but aside from that the regulator is already made and I just need to attach it to a tank that I will soon purchase I am attending my first class this Thursday, if I made a mistake oh well....

Galileo Luna Complete w/ transmitter MK25/S600 New 2013
Seahawk w/Air 2 Grey-Blk/Blu Medium Additional Savings

Slightly Used Seawing Nova gorillas Spectra Dry Snorkel, Blue
Dive 'N Beach Boot, Medium

Total Package Savings $855.70
CREDIT
IrDA USB 2.0 Device - $89.00 Free with package
B.C. and Suit Hanger-Graphite - $14 - Free with package Sub Gear Regulator Bag - $30 Free with package
Total package price - Your Price + Free Shipping
Total Savings of $1150.70

They threw in a free key chain, my only gripe is the yoke valve!
Yokes exploding is so far out of the realm of "normal" as to be less likely than being struck by lightning, twice. It's a non-concern unless you routinely try to put mis-matched equipment together. In fact, I don't even know if you can buy new yokes that would actually break under "normal" tank pressures. It's not like you're going to find a modern yoke that is only 2000 psi rated. Yoke regs are easier when you're traveling anywhere other than Europe, as far as my understanding, and for renting here in the USA. DIN is what all the tech divers (penetration divers) swear by but yokes are more than safe for recreational diving and arguably easier to deal with if you're renting tanks.

That said, I can't tell what your final price for gear was but if you're satisfied with it, it's a good choice. The scubapro regs will suffice for a long time and likely will even work in cold water (though maybe not good for ice diving as I don't think they're sealed) and will do pretty much anything you want as a recreational diver. Unless you move into Ice diving or penetration type technical diving they will more than suit your needs.

As far as I can tell about the only thing likely to need replacing in the future is the BC if you decide to move to a BP/W config, which isn't necessary for everyone. If you're happy with the fit when you're wet, then that's what matters.

Last edited:
I don't get this.

I did my homework left and right I even watch the whole PADI videos it's not rocket science, I was getting is the scubapro MK25/S600 with FPFL is one of the best regulator there is... as well as the seahawk one of the best in 2010 I briefly tried them on and they fit nicely... And by the way those computer is attached to my wrist, and I can upgrade it to a heart monitor that will "calculate" my dive time... Did I miss something else? the fins? it's a 50 $ mistake I'm pumping back to our economy a little, I used to free-dive when I was a kid I haven't had any issue equalizing, help me understand... ?

---------- Post added September 4th, 2013 at 12:13 AM ----------

If I was that naive then I would have bought this? :)

2013 Dive Gear Buyers Guide - Regulators & Octos | Sport Diver

---------- Post added September 4th, 2013 at 12:27 AM ----------

LeisurePro didn't give me any problems returning the scubapro mk25/s600 they are paying for the shipping label, no harm done to the planktons.

Well if you are committing, at least you put together a good gear set...Looks like you have done some homework and SHOPPED. I would dive with any of it and be happy.... In fact I do! I have everything you bought except for BC brand. Scubapro is my best buddy. About the only thing you might be changing out is the BC for a harness/wing, but then I have both and multiple wings. You could have had your DIN and bought a DIN converter for about 25 bucks, I carry one when I travel, just in case. Yokes stick out too much. Don't worry about "exploding" yokes...

When you say "total savings", was that over the LDS package you originally quoted? What did beaver take you for???? or did you have to sign a no disclosure contract???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom