Atomic Z2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SC979

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I'm new around here. So thanks for the add. I've been certified for years, but have really gotten back into diving in the last year, or so. I'm currently AOW certified, and am working on my Rescue Diver certification, and then progressing on from there. I had been mainly just vacation diving, but I've been going more and more on the weekends with the instructor I'm currently working with, logging dives at a local lake. He doesn't make me pay to rent gear when we're just out logging a dive. But when in class, I do pay. Which, is fine. But, I am looking to procure my own reg set. I've come across multiple deals for an Atomic Z2 first and second stage package. I have no real experience in owning and maintaining a reg set, so my question is if Atomic is now producing the Z3, would it difficult or harder to find kit to service the "older" Z2, if they aren't producing the Z2 anymore?

Thanks in advance for any insight and help. And, thanks again for the add.

I would take the Z2 over the Z3, the difference as I recall is the comfort swivel hose on the 3 which I don’t care for.

Same here.

The service kits and parts are the same for both. Atomics supports its products forever.

As I rebuild AA regs regularly (and sell sets on SB) one of the nice bits about AA regs is that all the first stages are the same design from day 1 which was some 25 years ago. I have rebuilt some of their first Ti regs that are 25 years old. Actually have one on my bench right now to rebuild.

Regarding the Z2 vs Z3 the only difference is the swivel hose and bit of bling on the purge cover. Either would serve you well. (a shameless plug I have B2 set with two second stages listed on the board).

As I rebuild AA regs regularly (and sell sets on SB) one of the nice bits about AA regs is that all the first stages are the same design from day 1 which was some 25 years ago. I have rebuilt some of their first Ti regs that are 25 years old. Actually have one on my bench right now to rebuild.

You do this as a business or just for your own regulators?

I service my own regs. But for fun (i.e I do not make much money) I buy, rebuild, and sell AA regs. So certainly not a business as any "profits" are quickly spent on the beer inventory. Preferably Belgium beers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom