Nitrox tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

^
^
II

What he said.

The Kraken:
The one thing that is ABSOLUTELY IMPORTANT!!! is your PPO. 1.6 or over can get you very dead, very quick . . .

PPO of 1.6 is safe for up to 45 min. That's why most training agencies prefer a PPO2 of 1.4 . This is safe for up to 150 min in a single dive .

novadiver:
PPO of 1.6 is safe for up to 45 min. That's why most training agencies prefer a PPO2 of 1.4 . This is safe for up to 150 min in a single dive .
ohhhhh, that's a really useful piece of information. I tend to have longer dives. This is getting me psyched to take nitrox. :11ztongue

pennypue:
ohhhhh, that's a really useful piece of information. I tend to have longer dives. This is getting me psyched to take nitrox. :11ztongue

After my nitrox course( years ago) I decided to only use air for tires and pool toys. O2 is for diving. :)

novadiver:
After my nitrox course( years ago) I decided to only use air for tires and pool toys. O2 is for diving. :)
:laughing: Love that!

My last two dives with my favorite dive buddy, were 75 and 73 minutes. I tend to get a little nitrogen loaded. Although, the sheer exhilaration of diving tends to offset some of the post dive lethargy. :wink:

pennypue:
:laughing: Love that!

My last two dives with my favorite dive buddy, were 75 and 73 minutes. I tend to get a little nitrogen loaded. Although, the sheer exhilaration of diving tends to offset some of the post dive lethargy. :wink:
That post dive lethargy Penny is actually referred to as Asymptomatic Decompression Sickness.

There is a certain theory right now that suggests doing progressively deeper dives rather the traditional deepest dive first, may eliminate some of this.. However, right now it is still a theory although it has its followers and they claim it works.. OTOH Jim Jones also had followers..

cancun mark:
That post dive lethargy Penny is actually referred to as Asymptomatic Decompression Sickness.

There is a certain theory right now that suggests doing progressively deeper dives rather the traditional deepest dive first, may eliminate some of this.. However, right now it is still a theory although it has its followers and they claim it works.. OTOH Jim Jones also had followers..
So are you saying that I can now blame being bent as the reason that I backed my sweet precious Sven (my car is a MAN) into a boulder?? I knew there was something I liked about the way you think!!!
(Just scratches on his rear bumper but he reminds me of it constantly, nag, nag, nag. If he doesn't play his cards right he's going to be replaced by a sweet little Honda S2000)

GoBlue!:
Don't memorize any of these. Understand the concepts, and you'll be able to derive every single one of those formulas very quickly on the fly.

Jim

That's the key Jim, don't memorize anything. Just know where to find it.

Good Post

Joe.

Back
Top Bottom