Nitrox tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
Pilot,
Here is a list of the formulae which I like to play with from time to time and that I also go through when planning my dives.
Hope you will take them and put them to good use.
All of the abbreviations are listed at the end of the list of formulae.

Atmosphere Absolute:
ATA = (D/33) + 1

Best Mix
BM = PO2 / fG

Depth
D = (ATA - 1) x 33

Equvalent Air Depth
EAD = (((1 - fG) / .79) x (D + 33)) - 33

Maximum Operating Depth (Of O2)
MOD = PO2 / fG

Pressure of Gas
PG = fG x ATA

Surface Air Comsumption Rate
SAC = (((Pb - Pe) / Pb) x ((Pb / Pw) x V) / T) / ((D / 33) + 1)

Gas Used at Depth
USE = SAC x T x ((D / 33) + 1)

Time of Dive Based on Available Volume of Breathing Gas
TIM = V / ((D / 33) + 1) x SAC

Volume (Actual Volume of Gas Based Upon Fill Pressure)
VOL = (Pb / Pw) X Vn

Where:
ATA = Atmosphere Absolute
BM = Best Mix
D = Depth
EAD = Equivalent Air Depth
fG = Fraction of Gas (ie .32 or 32%)
Pb = Beginning Pressure of Tank
Pe = Ending Pressure of Tank
Pw = Working Pressure of Tank
PO2 = Partial Pressure of Oxygen
SAC = Surface Air Consumption Rate
T = Time
V = Volume
Vn = Nominal Volume of Tank

Hope these help . . .

Safe dives, safer ascents . . .

Yes, er, um, sure, that helps. Let me TRY to finish the book before I put any of this to memory. They gave me a book that was bound missing 14 pages and two chapters repeated. I'm waiting to get a new copy in the mail

Just remember what forum it is in.
If you can remember where you've posted in other forums or on other threads, you can go there, click on your screen name and select "Find Other Posts by ****"

pilot fish:
How do I access this thread? I'm having trouble navigating this board -I can't find this thread, for example, unless I do a search and I know thats wrong.
Are you subscribed to it? In your Control Panel - Edit Options setting there is a box - Default Subscription Mode. If it is set to Do Not Subscribe then change it to one of the other settings. This will subscribe you to any thread that you post in. After that by checking your User CP you'll get the list of all your subscribed threads that have had a new post. You can also individually subscribe to any thread by using the Thread Tools button at the top of each thread.

The Kraken:
Just remember what forum it is in.
If you can remember where you've posted in other forums or on other threads, you can go there, click on your screen name and select "Find Other Posts by ****"

That's what the problem is, I don't know where they put this thread - under what haeading. :06:

Kim:
Are you subscribed to it? In your Control Panel - Edit Options setting there is a box - Default Subscription Mode. If it is set to Do Not Subscribe then change it to one of the other settings. This will subscribe you to any thread that you post in. After that by checking your User CP you'll get the list of all your subscribed threads that have had a new post. You can also individually subscribe to any thread by using the Thread Tools button at the top of each thread.

I registered to this board. Now I have to subscribe to different forums on the board, one by one? Really?

pilot fish:
I registered to this board. Now I have to subscribe to different forums on the board, one by one? Really?
Not if you follow my above advice and change the setting under your edit options. Then it's automatic if you post in any thread! :wink:

Now PilotFish, if you don't score at least a 90% on the exam you should follow the "Penny Rule". The rule states that you must always dive with an intelligent, preferbaly tall woman, named Penny. She'll do your calculations for you. Of course, you would need to supply airfare and nitrox tanks. I'm trying very hard to have the rule written into the curriculum but I'm getting a lot of pushback from all the women with 'other' names. :laughing:

pennypue:
Now PilotFish, if you don't score at least a 90% on the exam you should follow the "Penny Rule". The rule states that you must always dive with an intelligent, preferbaly tall woman, named Penny. She'll do your calculations for you. Of course, you would need to supply airfare and nitrox tanks. I'm trying very hard to have the rule written into the curriculum but I'm getting a lot of pushback from all the women with 'other' names. :laughing:

I went in and changed subscription to instant notification.Is that correct?

Pennypue, if you ever need air............. :dazzler1:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom