Nitrox tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, this is a Non-Intro in the Intro fourm, so I hope you'll come back here and post and Intro after this is moved...

But, yes - you need to understand Nitrox, even though you'll be diving it with a Nx computer.

And not all boats require an hour surface interval. I did 8 Nx dives in 3 days last weekend, mostly with 45 minute intervals. :eyebrow:

DandyDon:
Well, this is a Non-Intro in the Intro fourm, so I hope you'll come back here and post and Intro after this is moved...

But, yes - you need to understand Nitrox, even though you'll be diving it with a Nx computer.

And not all boats require an hour surface interval. I did 8 Nx dives in 3 days last weekend, mostly with 45 minute intervals. :eyebrow:

thanks

El Orans:
That's why I always plan my dives with the tables. I always use my computer but only as a backup. By the time it starts beeping I'm already on the boat/shore.
I've had occasions that my wife and I had both forgotten our computers and we didn't have a waterproof watch. Using the tables, I saw that If I stayed shallower than 12 meters I'd run out of air a lot quicker than the NDL would grant me. So, we had a great dive.

Lessons learned:
1) Knoweth thy tables
2) Bringeth thy computer

Guess I'll take them with me, if I get certified with nitrox, but I won't like it. I HATE TABLES!!

I dive with a computer AND an SPG with a dive watch that gives me my depth and time. If my computer craps out, I can revert to THE DIVE PLAN THAT I CONSTRUCTED BEFORE THE DIVE AND RECORDED ON MY SLATE THAT I CARRY WITH ME.
I find no reason in aborting a dive because my computer malfunctioned.
I don't have, by any account, the experience of many on this board, but there is one thing I do know . . . plan your dive.
I urge you to re-evaluate your attitude towards tables and dive planning.

I don't care if you like it or not, but I do care if you die.

The Kraken:
I dive with a computer AND an SPG with a dive watch that gives me my depth and time. If my computer craps out, I can revert to THE DIVE PLAN THAT I CONSTRUCTED BEFORE THE DIVE AND RECORDED ON MY SLATE THAT I CARRY WITH ME.
I find no reason in aborting a dive because my computer malfunctioned.
I don't have, by any account, the experience of many on this board, but there is one thing I do know . . . plan your dive.
I urge you to re-evaluate your attitude towards tables and dive planning.

I don't care if you like it or not, but I do care if you die.

Thank you, Kraken. Will try to adjust my dive table dislikes. You sound very experienced? I have only 95 dives, AOW, in 2 1/2 yrs of cert. You?

Don't mean to sound preachy.

I just think it's important to understand as much as possible about what you're doing.
I review my tables all the time, air and nitrox . . .

A lot of people do get preachy on this board.

But if you're moving toward nitrox that's an indication that you really, whether you realize it or not, want to take you diving to a higher level. When I got my nitrox certification I really got interested in the physics of mixed gas and have endeavored to learn as much as possible about all of the ramifications of diving a gas with increased oxygen percentages.

Besides, planning your dive can make for a good brain exercise going to and from the dive sites . . .

Safe dives, and safer ascents . . .

pilot fish:
Thank you, Kraken. Will try to adjust my dive table dislikes. You sound very experienced? I have only 95 dives, AOW, in 2 1/2 yrs of cert. You?

Started diving back around '68-'69.
Getting very close to #500.

The Kraken:
Started diving back around '68-'69.
Getting very close to #500.

You are way more advanced than I. Question: why can you not exceed 110ft on 32% mixture? What is the chemistry of it? I said to someone that asked me that, it had to do with oxygen toxicity but Im not sure EXACTLY why.

The Kraken:
Don't mean to sound preachy.

I just think it's important to understand as much as possible about what you're doing.
I review my tables all the time, air and nitrox . . .

A lot of people do get preachy on this board.

But if you're moving toward nitrox that's an indication that you really, whether you realize it or not, want to take you diving to a higher level. When I got my nitrox certification I really got interested in the physics of mixed gas and have endeavored to learn as much as possible about all of the ramifications of diving a gas with increased oxygen percentages.

Besides, planning your dive can make for a good brain exercise going to and from the dive sites . . .

Safe dives, and safer ascents . . .

Having a bit of trouble navigating this new board. Sorry for the delay. You were not preachy. You sounded experienced and concerned. Thanks

pilot fish:
You are way more advanced than I. Question: why can you not exceed 110ft on 32% mixture? What is the chemistry of it? I said to someone that asked me that, it had to do with oxygen toxicity but Im not sure EXACTLY why.
For most recreational dives you dont want to exceed a ppo of 1.4. High oxygen contents and the pressure of deeper diving dont go together so well. The last thing you want to do is push your limit and experience Oxygen toxicity underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom