Nitrox tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I meant the advanced nitrox/mixed gas class.

pilot fish:
huminah huminah. Yeah, of course. You just enlightened me to reset my max depth alarm on my puter when, and if, I use nitrox. If you don't look at the tables prior to a dive, have never seen anyone check tables prior to dive, how do you know what the max is ?Is it 110 ft on all recreational blends?

The computer tells you... If I punch in a 32 mix on my aeris, it will list the max depth right on the screen of 132 (if I'm set for a PO2 of 1.6, which can be set for 1.2 - 1.6) Then the next screen is max depth alarm, so I just kick it in for 10 - 20 feet shallower than the max according to the PO2...

So if I punch in a .36, it will say 113 max, and I'd set a depth alarm for 100... etc...

Pilot wrote:
" If you don't look at the tables prior to a dive, have never seen anyone check tables prior to dive, how do you know what the max is ?Is it 110 ft on all recreational blends?"

That get's ya right back to planning your dive.
Planning a dive to me is the same as doing a preflight on an aircraft before taking off.

scubatoys:
The computer tells you... If I punch in a 32 mix on my aeris, it will list the max depth right on the screen of 132 (if I'm set for a PO2 of 1.6, which can be set for 1.2 - 1.6) Then the next screen is max depth alarm, so I just kick it in for 10 - 20 feet shallower than the max according to the PO2...

So if I punch in a .36, it will say 113 max, and I'd set a depth alarm for 100... etc...

I have the Oceanic DataMax Pro Plus1 and I'm sure it does that. Need to check that out. I know it will scroll through my dive Planner on air so I'm sure it does it on EAN32%?

The Kraken:
Pilot wrote:
" If you don't look at the tables prior to a dive, have never seen anyone check tables prior to dive, how do you know what the max is ?Is it 110 ft on all recreational blends?"

That get's ya right back to planning your dive.
Planning a dive to me is the same as doing a preflight on an aircraft before taking off.

I hear ya. Need to get my puter and see if it will give me adjusted dive planer when I punch in 32% If you never use these features you're never sure you have them.

scubatoys:

My puter has that feature too, I now see, but mine says 114 ft max - to the right of that it says po2. Wonder how I set the alarm for that depth. I have my alarm set at 130 ft for air

scubatoys:

I have a Suunto Vyper and I hate the peeping sound it makes. So I always set the PPO2 to 1.6 when diving EAN32, that way it doesn't keep peeping at me when I'm at 130 feet. Works like a charm....

pilot fish:
hope I'm doing this correctly?
I just find using these tables, and being tested on it for cert, unnecessary when you are diving with a computer.
My response may be a little annoying to you, but your reaction reminds me of university students when handhelds finally began doing simple calculus.
They couldn't understand why they had to learn calculus if they just had to punch in the numbers and let the calculator do the work.
Understanding.
The computer will take care of everything for you, provided that it's functioning, but what is it doing? Why is it important? What are the risks involved? Why should we even care? What do these things mean to my body?
As for the formulas, after you fight your way through them to a beginning understanding, just write the formulas down separately on a piece of paper and you'll begin to see how easy they really are. If you're using the PADI text, it can seem a bit more confusing than it is because the development of the formula is spread out and several examples are involved. I wasn't always happy with their rounding either, but it all worked and just needed patience.
You'll be fine, and it'll seem easy when you've finally worked through it all.

Tom

Yea guys... it will - Same computer as the aeris.

And as far as pre flight... I'm a pilot too... and to me a pre flight check is the same as a pre dive check... does everthing work... got air etc... but many days, I've taken off to just fly around without really knowing how high I was going to go... depends on air traffic and winds. Didn't know how long I'd fly... Maybe half hour... Maybe more - how much fun am I having.

When I'm diving... can I say I'm going to spend 20 minutes at 60 feet, then move to 40 for 20 minutes... What if I run into a friendly octopus that wants to pose for pictures at 50 feet... plan blown.

So I'll look at my computer, see what the max time at what I'll set as my max depth is... then know to set an alarm for that, make sure my mix is punched in and hop in.

Nomaster:
My response may be a little annoying to you, but your reaction reminds me of university students when handhelds finally began doing simple calculus.
They couldn't understand why they had to learn calculus if they just had to punch in the numbers and let the calculator do the work.
Understanding.
The computer will take care of everything for you, provided that it's functioning, but what is it doing? Why is it important? What are the risks involved? Why should we even care? What do these things mean to my body?
As for the formulas, after you fight your way through them to a beginning understanding, just write the formulas down separately on a piece of paper and you'll begin to see how easy they really are. If you're using the PADI text, it can seem a bit more confusing than it is because the development of the formula is spread out and several examples are involved. I wasn't always happy with their rounding either, but it all worked and just needed patience.
You'll be fine, and it'll seem easy when you've finally worked through it all.

Tom

You're response is not annoying at all. I think you're right. I just have a brain fart I have to deal with and get used to this. It is important to know all this. Eventually it will stop looking like Japanese arithmatic to me, some day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom