Nitrox Dive Tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh please, 5 minutes!?! Doing minimum deco to get to the surface covers that. Besides, individual human body variance and o2 sensors are more than likely off more than your table reading would be on the above mentioned dives.

If you haven't already, it's worth taking a look at what a 10ftpm ascent from 1/2 depth does for you in deco software, anyone relying on +/-2% accuracy is asking to get bent.

I'm not sure...are you trying to make YOUR point or MINE?

:eyebrow:

I'm not sure...are you trying to make YOUR point or MINE?

:eyebrow:
Not sure that we entirely disagree. I'm a fan of doing the ratio/min deco on recreational dives and diving the same profile up to 4 times a day with a minimum 1hr surface interval. I seriously doubt that by the time you factor in a slow ascent that 2% o2 makes much (if any) difference.

I've posted this before, but if you want to be conservative, you really should do things OUT of the water to do so. Good hydration and personal fitness are IMO way more important than following tables as if they were an exact science. Most everyone I know who has been bent, has been hit following their computers and/or tables, but each one I talk to suspect dehydration as the main cause. I've only talked to one person who took a "deserved" hit, and he was hungover (dehydrated) and blew off 5min of o2 deco.

If 5min of backgas deco gets you bent bad enough to take a chamber ride, I'm guessing you had a physical condition BEFORE you got in the water. I guess that was my point.

Not sure that we entirely disagree. I'm a fan of doing the ratio/min deco on recreational dives and diving the same profile up to 4 times a day with a minimum 1hr surface interval. I seriously doubt that by the time you factor in a slow ascent that 2% o2 makes much (if any) difference.

I've posted this before, but if you want to be conservative, you really should do things OUT of the water to do so. Good hydration and personal fitness are IMO way more important than following tables as if they were an exact science. Most everyone I know who has been bent, has been hit following their computers and/or tables, but each one I talk to suspect dehydration as the main cause. I've only talked to one person who took a "deserved" hit, and he was hungover (dehydrated) and blew off 5min of o2 deco.

In agreement on hydration to be sure. Guess what I'm saying is that since there are so many other "uncontrollable" variables why would you purposely mess around with one of the variables you CAN control?

For the IPod/Iphone folks among us, another great app is iScuba Plan by Brinkerhoff, which is really good for multiple dives and changing mixtures. You can see all of the dives by scrolling up and down, so it lets you play with mixtures/depths/times to achieve the day you are after.
iScubaPlan.png

In agreement on hydration to be sure. Guess what I'm saying is that since there are so many other "uncontrollable" variables why would you purposely mess around with one of the variables you CAN control?

I see your point, but never push the limits and watching the MOD are extremely important. Using EAD is so easy and a computer is no brainer. Slow ascent rates and a 1 minute "deep" safety stop are what I use and recommend to students. Personally, I have never had students dive EANx without a computer and calculations. Your point is well taken.

Last edited:
The dive tables are not O2 driven they aer N2 driven. So like others have said do the EAD process and use an air table. I questioned this issue long ago and not untill i started working with trimix did i realize the value of the ead process. Nitrox has IE 80 different mixes 21-100 and that is alot of tables one can only imagine how many trimix tables would be needed if every mix had a table. Keep thinking and asking questions. BTW In trimix there is END equivilant narcotic depth but is the same general process as ead.

If you have to ask that question maybe you should take some training.

This is your first post and you pick a thread that was last posted to in 2009.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom