Nitrox Dive Tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EAN Nitrox or Adv Nitrox certification will deal with these questions

Figuring the MOD, ppo2 no problem but what would the SI be between multiple dives and how much residual would be left to figure in the next dive. :confused:

Your profile says you're Nitrox certified...

:shakehead:

Get a copy of the NOAA Diving Manual, expensive, but full of very readable information.

Stay safe.

Just an FYI - the NOAA Diving Manual is available through amazon (unbelievably it's less expensive in Canada!).

Equivalent Air Depth table and dive the profile.

the K

I'm going to get blasted here buuuut....

30% and 32%, is it really a big enough difference to matter? I would dive it like 32%.

You would be on the more conservative side, so no worries. Extra cushion for your MOD for sure. Figuring out EAD is easy as others have posted. Does the OP have the DSAT or equivalent tables? I suggest carrying them, but also make sure you have a dive computer.

dumb_and_dumber_xl_01.jpg

I'm going to get blasted here buuuut....

30% and 32%, is it really a big enough difference to matter? I would dive it like 32%.

You would be on the more conservative side, so no worries.

Sure...as long as you're not worried about getting bent.

What you're suggesting is actually LESS conservative from a nitrogen exposure standpoint. Especially if you're doing multiple dives. Consider this entirely realistic recreational dive profile:

90' for 35min on 32% is a no-deco dive.
90' for 35min on 30% gives you 4.5min of mandatory deco obligation.

After a 1:30hr surface interval you do a second dive...

80' for 40min on 32% is a no-deco dive.
80' for 40min on 30% gives you 5min of mandatory deco obligation

So by diving 30% "like it was 32%" you may have just blown off a total of about 10 minutes of mandatory deco, all before lunchtime!

Good news is, if you've got DAN insurance you might get a free helicopter ride!

0420-0906-2312-2913_free_public_domain_image_coast_guard_helicopter_dropping_a_search_and_rescue_member_in_a_basket.jpg

Sure...as long as you're not worried about getting bent.

What you're suggesting is actually LESS conservative from a nitrogen exposure standpoint. Especially if you're doing multiple dives. Consider this entirely realistic recreational dive profile:

90' for 35min on 32% is a no-deco dive.
90' for 35min on 30% gives you 4.5min of mandatory deco obligation.

After a 1:30hr surface interval you do a second dive...

80' for 40min on 32% is a no-deco dive.
80' for 40min on 30% gives you 5min of mandatory deco obligation

So by diving 30% "like it was 32%" you may have just blown off a total of about 10 minutes of mandatory deco, all before lunchtime!

Good news is, if you've got DAN insurance you might get a free helicopter ride!

0420-0906-2312-2913_free_public_domain_image_coast_guard_helicopter_dropping_a_search_and_rescue_member_in_a_basket.jpg
Oh please, 5 minutes!?! Doing minimum deco to get to the surface covers that. Besides, individual human body variance and o2 sensors are more than likely off more than your table reading would be on the above mentioned dives.

If you haven't already, it's worth taking a look at what a 10ftpm ascent from 1/2 depth does for you in deco software, anyone relying on +/-2% accuracy is asking to get bent.

Oh please, 5 minutes!?! Doing minimum deco to get to the surface covers that. Besides, individual human body variance and o2 sensors are more than likely off more than your table reading would be on the above mentioned dives.

If you haven't already, it's worth taking a look at what a 10ftpm ascent from 1/2 depth does for you in deco software, anyone relying on +/-2% accuracy is asking to get bent.

I think you're missing the point that it just doesn't take all that much work to do the math ahead of time and dive the mix correctly.

Back
Top Bottom