Nitrox Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At my local dive shop which is a sport chalet, the standard PADI nitrox class is $75 plus crew pack and pic card. Every other dive shop in town is from 150-250 just for tuition. Check around and ask for references from other local divers to you for a reputable shop/instructor.

Reactions: nv
If anyone for some reason needs to find a nitrox class in Korea (or Seoul), just let me know. I know a few private instructors and shops here that usually only charge $90.

Nitrox was the first cert I got after Open Water...the course was only $75 + book cost here in my local shop. Only classroom session, no required dives.

I took TDI basic nitrox last month $125. SDI through same shop was $100. Difference was the TDI class was more tables and formulas. SDI was strictly computer.

OK thanks to the advice of all of you more experienced gentlemen, I've decided to do the TDI online and complete the course at a dive shop. My only worry is that my vacation is less than three weeks away and I am going to be lucky to find one hour per day to study for the course over and above my work schedule. How many hours of effort is it going to take to fully comprehend the TDI course material?

PS: you guys saved me from spending 230$ on a padi nitrox. Thanks!

Lastly What the heck is LDS?

~Pearlman

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

OK thanks to the advice of all of you more experienced gentlemen, I've decided to do the TDI online and complete the course at a dive shop. My only worry is that my vacation is less than three weeks away and I am going to be lucky to find one hour per day to study for the course over and above my work schedule. How many hours of effort is it going to take to fully comprehend the TDI course material?

Pearlman

Don't know the TDI - but I went to my local shop and that honored the 99/nitrox add on rate to me, book only. I read the book in a 1-2 and scheduled by class for the same week and got it then. So it's a matter of time and schedule of the shop for practical.

My dive shop did not require the dives (some shops in Miami do)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lastly What the heck is LDS?

~Pearlman

The TDI course took me about a week picking at it from time to time. It really isn't difficult. I answered the questions as I read, but how fast you go through it will depend on what you know now and how fast you read. In one thorough sitting I'd say 4-5 hrs maybe?

I am about to complete the TDI nitrox CBT now. But I'd really like to solve at least a dozen set of manual PG calculation problems using the EAD and the Dive Tables.

Anyone know a good website listing the challenge problems with answer dive plan worksheets for me to solve and double check?

Thanks

I do a complete Nitrox Cert for $100. No dives, or shore dives if you want. If in SoCal area, give me a jungle. I'm a Tech Diver so Nitrox students get the a lot of background. Wife is an instructor and medical provider...ALL questions answered.
970-556-4725

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom