Nitrox 1.6 or 1.4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marty Bess

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can I ask those who dive nitrox if they set their computers to 1.6 or 1.4 and if it's just a normal dive the air mixture to 32 or go higher?

I set it to 1.6. Not interested in hearing the alarm if I drop down for a minute.

Why not set it to 1.8 so you can drop down even further? :wink:
(I can't hear the alarm anyway....)
Because mine has only 2 choices. I would turn it off if I could.

I am curious about the responses.

When i dived nitrox i never came anywhere near the limits.

Most advanced divers i have encountered only come close to these limits during their shallowest deco stops.

If we are only talking about the alarm setting then i would assume 1.4 would make sense. Why set an alarm to your max limit? An alarm should alert you to the fact you are approaching a limit.

For me, just for example, if my depth limit was 100 feet on a dive, i wouldnt set my alarm for 100 feet. I would set it to 90 or 95 feet. But thats just me.

I am curious about the responses.

When i dived nitrox i never came anywhere near the limits.

Most advanced divers i have encountered only come close to these limits during their shallowest deco stops.

If we are only talking about the alarm setting then i would assume 1.4 would make sense. Why set an alarm to your max limit? An alarm should alert you to the fact you are approaching a limit.

For me, just for example, if my depth limit was 100 feet on a dive, i wouldnt set my alarm for 100 feet. I would set it to 90 or 95 feet. But thats just me.
So everybody could have the pleasure of knowing when you were approaching your limit.

Back
Top Bottom