Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Pro/Sport Diver

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • NR4000/3000

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zerogravity

Reaction score
Any one else out there use Nite Rider lights? I've got 2 myself: Pro Diver B 15/10 watt combo, and Sport Diver B 15 watt. Both give good burn times, have neutral battery housings and compact, bright light heads. I use them for non overhead environments...cavern, exterior wreck diving, or just plain old night diving on reefs. Nicest alternative to spending $$$$ for an HID, and seems more relaible than the UK Light Cannon, which seems, from what I've seen on the board, and heard from others, is a bit delicate and finicky. Anyone with any good/bad experiences with Nite Rider? ZG

I purchased the 4000 as a closeout from the sales rep. The light hand strap really doesn't point the light in a natural position comfortable with the extended arm. The rest of the system works great IMO. I also have not used it in an overhead environment but have used it as an additional light for my video.

Dave

Not sure which...its the single light version. My buddy and got the last 2 on a close-out $60/each including charger and ni-cads. Several months later, his flooded in Coz ruining the batteries. He contacted Nightrider to find out that Dive Lights International (DLI) had purchased Nightrider's SCUBA line.

He called out DLI and they indicated that they were aware of some flooding probs with the old model and promptly sent him a replacement....without even asking for the old one.

Several months later, mine flooded and I called DLI. I had to send the old one in, but they replaced no questions asked. We both upgraded to the 15W bulbs, run NiMH batteries to offset the increased power needs. I also added a defuser to help keep the 15W for creating hotspots in my video.

They only thing I really don't like about it is finding a convenient way of attaching the battery pack. The stupid belt clip comes out fairly easily. Thusfar, we have been attacking through the tank strap since I can reach back and turn it on.

Otter

I haven't had any problems with mine yet. I carry one or the other on most of my dives, so it's nice to know that they stand behind their products in case of a problem. I use BP/Harness and attach the battery pack to my harness waist strap. So far I havent had a problem with it coming off. I have had the light head come off the hand mount on 1 occasion. We dove the Duane in Key Largo and currents were ripping and seas were a bit rough. It detached on entry and I didn't notice it until I was about 30-40 feet down. Easily re-attached, so no problem on the dive. I am actually considering upgrading to a Blackwater 3000, as I am pleased with the quality of Nite Riders' gear. Thanks for the replies Otter and Inspector #2. ZG

I've been using nite riders for years. I use the sea torch for casual daytime lighting, long burn time & very reliable. I've used the blackwater 3000 in so. cal. waters, carribean and caverns of the Yucatan. All have performed well. I also used the 3000 for video lighting, it was o.k. but had hot spots and looked un-natural. I've just purchased a video HID system but haven't used it yet.

i use a niterider sport diver. i epoxied the monting bracket from the head strap to the back of my left glove. so far it works extremely well. i also mount the battery pack onto my doubles with a spare tank strap and mount it low on the tank with the switch as close to my butt as possible. i can turn the light on and off without to much stretching

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom