MbSub X1-VB (3 C cell) Quickie Review/1st Impressions!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c'mon Henrik, your NC wreck diving trip is just around the corner, go ahead and go for it, you know you want to! :)

Oh, you're not kidding. I definitely want to :) I would actually like both an X1-VB and a VB-50 Cave. It's just not quite in my budget at the moment.

Henrik

Oh, you're not kidding. I definitely want to :) I would actually like both an X1-VB and a VB-50 Cave. It's just not quite in my budget at the moment.

Henrik

Dude, I see you've got 2 different dive trips scheduled only 15 days apart...takin' dive trips every 15 days ain't gonna help the gear budget! :)

..takin' dive trips every 15 days ain't gonna help the gear budget! :)

Good point - if only ... :D

Henrik

Hi,

in some weeks we have available a new version of X1-light, the X1-800.
This new version has a 10W LED with more than 700 lumen and a spot-reflector with 13°.
The X1-800 is fully compatible to all components from the other X1 lamps.
The X1-800 is perfect for recreational diving and vacation.
The export price will be € 198,00
Additional info here:mb-sub.com: X1 - 800 LED-flashlight

Michael

Attachments

• X1-800web.jpg
    X1-800web.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 40
This new version has a 10W LED with more than 700 lumen and a spot-reflector with 13°.

Is that the "bigger LED = wider focus spot" issue that shows up?

Henrik

Hi Henrik,

no, here is the reason for the bigger spot only the reflector. Its no optic inside, only a reflector. The result is a beam with hotspot and spill, even a "normal" light.
The light is nearly the same like with our PHOTON.

Michael

Last edited:
no, here is the reson for the bigger spot only the reflector. Its no optic inside, only a reflector. The result is a beam with hotspot and spill, even a "normal" light.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the clarification.

Henrik

he , he , he , he :)

Of course the X1-800 is switchable in real single hand operation. The primitive and unsafe method of switching the lamp by twisting the housing you will never find here.

agree - have many word fights with my colegue - buddy from GUE
( also electroengineer - hopeless ) :idk:

Hi,

in some weeks we have available a new version of X1-light, the X1-800.
The X1-800 is fully compatible to all components from the other X1 lamps.
The X1-800 is perfect for recreational diving and vacation.
The export price will be € 198,00
Additional info here:mb-sub.com: X1 - 800 LED-flashlight

Michael

Hi Michael,

Can you use the X1-800 with the X1-VB (the 3xAA handle) and if so what is the run time. Cheers

Hi Michael,

Can you use the X1-800 with the X1-VB (the 3xAA handle) and if so what is the run time. Cheers

I haven´t tested the head of the X1-800 with the 3AA batteries but i am shure that these cells can not deliver enough current. Its the same with rechareable batteries. Maybe you get for a few minutes full brightness and than it goes rapid down.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom