Next Meeting - April 9, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gangrel441

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Our next meeting will be on Wednesday, April 9, at 7:30 pm. Our guest speaker for this meeting will be Diveheart's Jim Elliott, share his experiences with the Wounded Warrior's program and with ScubaBoard's own Matt "the Aquaman" Johnston!

As always, our meeting will be held in the party room at Mr. Beef & Pizza, 1796 S. Elmhurst Road, Mount Prospect, IL. Members and guests always welcome! We look forward to seeing you there!

Thank you Greg!

I am hoping to be there. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Excellent! Look forward to seeing you there!

Special thanks to Jim for his wonderful presentation yesterday! Many of our members were unaware of Matt Johnston's story, and I think hearing the story and seeing the pictures and video that Jim brought with him really touched many of them. The Wounded Warriors program is outstanding, and I am hoping to make it to their training session this weekend. Always wonderful to have a great friend of the club and of the diving community such as Jim Elliott as our monthly presenter!

What's up for the next meeting?

Just found out tonight. Dave Lent and Rob Zwissler, of the Chicago Scuba Meetup, will be presenting on Bonaire. This will be the first of a series of three presentations that will cover the ABC Islands. As I am just about to depart for my second trip to Bonaire, I will be providing some of my own photographs for the Bonaire presentation as well. I will post a new thread for discussion of the May meeting as well.

Just found your group. I'm in Libertyville. Did I miss the May meeting already? No date listed on your web site. Just returned from my fifth Bonaire trip, and would like to hear what others have to say. Also, would love to know of a central info site for TRIPS being sponsored by Chicago area SCUBA shops without having to find and contact each one of them. Thanks!

Eventually Greg will resurface here, or just check the website tagged off to his profile. Local Dive Club CASA

When Our World Underwater rolls around again this fall, be sure to attend and you can pick up flyers on all of the local clubs.

I helped my young friend Sam close Libertyville's Black Magic Dive Shop a few years back. man- air is getting harder to buy!

Hi Phacops!

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't see the post in this thread until now. We meet on the second Wednesday of every month. Our next meeting is on June 11. The meeting starts at 7:30 pm, but feel free to arrive anytime after 7:00. The presenter will be a representative from the Shedd Aquarium.

Our meetings are at Mr. Beef & Pizza in Mt. Prospect. Hope to see you there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom