Newly Advanced diver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't see anyone mention it although I suppose the original poster knew about it but do be careful! They're venomous!

Thanks everyone :) instead of driving 6 hours to the coast of GA, with horrible visibility, I would prefer to drive the same amount of time to northern FL to catch those suckers. They are a blast to hunt and delicious!

*~ Adventurer for life ~*

In that case, jump over to facebook and check out Gulf Coast Dive Society

I have not dived with them as a group, but I do know and have done Caribbean dives with a few of it's members. :thumb:

And if you are going to be hunting them with a marinized Glock, I will get you some free dive trips in Palm Beach, and I will film it!!! :)

That would be interesting! But it might destroy the fish :] heheh

That would be interesting! But it might destroy the fish :] heheh

Back in the 90's Pat Frain of Ultimate Spearguns, used to make 9mm disposable powerheads we would hunt Grey grouper or big hogsnapper with.....they would make a small hole --about the size of a spear, and the concussion and gas of point blank with the powerhead, would instantly kill the fish....meaning no fighting, no suffering, and no exciting sharks in the local area. The fillets were perfect.

So if you aim well with your Glock, and keep it do ideal brain shots, the Lionfish will be optimally set up for filleting later and then eating.
If you decide to start at the tail, work toward the head, and spray lead throughout the Lionfish, inflicting the maximum torture effect possible for the evil creatures, than the fillet and the "meal" will not work out so well....but that would be a different "mission" anyway :)

Back in the 90's Pat Frain of Ultimate Spearguns, used to make 9mm disposable powerheads we would hunt Grey grouper or big hogsnapper with.....they would make a small hole --about the size of a spear, and the concussion and gas of point blank with the powerhead, would instantly kill the fish....meaning no fighting, no suffering, and no exciting sharks in the local area. The fillets were perfect.

So if you aim well with your Glock, and keep it do ideal brain shots, the Lionfish will be optimally set up for filleting later and then eating.
If you decide to start at the tail, work toward the head, and spray lead throughout the Lionfish, inflicting the maximum torture effect possible for the evil creatures, than the fillet and the "meal" will not work out so well....but that would be a different "mission" anyway :)

Well, I've learned something new :]

Just swap out the spring stop. It will work.

But it will ruin the gun, unless you are the most meticulous of cleaners.

Sounds like Dan has had a slow weekend.

---------- Post added January 2nd, 2014 at 01:49 PM ----------

Glock%20Firing%20Pin%20Spring%20Cups%20marine.jpg

My husband is a Marine so he is big on cleaning guns 100% no cutting corners :) so that won't be an issue

howdy and welcome...enjoy your lion fish.... bake, grilled or blackened.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom