Newbie pondering dive computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well if your looking at new computers all the ones you listed are disco, They were replaced with the VEO 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0. With that being said I would not purchase any of them. The Hollis DG02 is the same computer as the old VEO 180 but with the new dual algorithm and can be had at ScubaToys for $225 with the ScubaBoard 10% discount. I started out with the VEO 180 and then upgraded to the VEO 3.0 and now use a ScubaPro tech 2G, I wish I had my Veo 180 back. The 180/ DG02 is only one gas, the 3.0 and 2G are two gasses. I find the two gas feature pretty much pointless, if I'm doing a dive using a second (deco) gas I'll be cutting tables and diving my computers in gauge mode anyway. I also find the "higher end" computers more complicated and they add features I have no use for anyway. Now if DSS would make a boot for the DG02 I would call it the perfect computer, but until then I will just call it a really good deal for a simple computer that you will never outgrow.

I posted this in another thread but think it pertains here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom