New York Post: Cindy Adams trashes Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna:
the reference to the girl that disappeared. I heard from many locals that she "deserved what she got" and many comments of that kind.

i'll keep this in mind for when THEIR child vanishes off the face of the earth
without a trace at the age of 18

tridacna:
The only thing that she said that made any sense was the reference to the girl that disappeared. I heard from many locals that she "deserved what she got" and many comments of that kind.
Locals on Bonaire said that? Maybe I'll reevaluate returning there after all. There are plenty of other places.
Rick

Oh, honey, reviews like this happen all the time! Drives me crazy and there is little the operators or the location can do mostly.

Hopefully those with no agenda can set the record straight before things like this hurt the area.

Ok, so she is not an eco-adventurist, but she as far as a snooty attitude goes, she fails to mention Park Avenue things to do like beach lounging, tennis, wonderful day spas, horsebackriding, picnicking on Klein (oh this can be elegant), Sunset cruises.... all of these things are perfect for the nose-up in the air people

Think I 'm going to right a letter.....

Liz

I thought it was rather comical. I have never read anything she has ever done before but it is obvious.....at least in my opinion....the people that read her column would want to know just that about Bonaire. Gotta admit she didnt lie.....if you dont dive...why go??? So, get the giggle out of it and dont waste time on uppin the blood pressure.

scubadobadoo:
As a New Yorker, I am ashamed. The real question is, how in the heck is this news? Was it a slow day in the city when they decided to print this? Even if it was in the travel section, I still don't get it.

It reads like a 12 yr old's diary.

This IS coming from a person who showers with her clothes on...

It is not you , as a New Yorker, who should be ashamed. It is the editor of this rag that should be ashamed to call him(or her)self an editor.

she is not even responsible enough to get facts straight ..she talks about spearfishing..try that on the island and see what happens!

I just thought it was a cheesy, poorly written little article by a gal that was probably overwhelmed by the trip in spite of her luxury accomodations with "Glee".

I've never been to Bonaire, her article told me nothing of Bonaire and I don't believe that was her purpose. I think her purpose was to write a fluff piece so she could put the trip on her expense account and/or deduct the trip from her income tax.

I don't see why this thread isn't in Whine and Cheese other than the fact her story revolves around Bonaire.

Lastly, she really never laid any negative vibe at all as pertains to diving.

I'm moving on now.

Good, I'm glad she wrote the article. Now maybe people who arent "in the know" wont go to Bonaire. It will slow the progressionof deterioration of an island and preserve it longer for us who appreciate it and protect it. As well, I specifically hope less "stereotypical" New Yorkers go to Bonaire. They can be a complete pain in the arse while on a vacation.

One thing that she does get right. Aruba Airport is one mucked up place. Three security checks? The lines at Immigration. ADE or Bonaire Express? What name are they today etc etc. They had no idea how to handle delayed flights. The issue of Natalie Holloway has incensed many of the Bonaire locals.natives. They honestly believe that she "had it coming" to her. I was quite amazed by their attitudes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom