New York Post: Cindy Adams trashes Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Cindy Adams wrote this column in the New York Post about Bonaire. Worst article I have seen in years. Talk about a misinformed reporter and acrid report. Ignorant would be too good a word to use to describe her. Generally she writes complete trash but this article drops her to new lows. She admits that the island is aimed at SCUBA divers and then goes on to trash it because she has nothing to do.

Gee, lemme see. I went to a basketball game expecting to see ice skating. None appeared. Just tall guys shooting hoops. The cheek of the NBA. I'm now going to write a rancid article about the NBA criticising them for lack of skaters on the court.

What a dumbarse?! Typical person, for whom going to nature is opening the windows on a Saturday afternoon and hoping nothing flies in.

Don't sweat the article, obviously she was missing the big picture and was looking for Park Avenue in a place that is surely not it.

She is the type of person who should stay in New York. I'm surprised that she would have enough people reading her dribble to keep her job.

As a New Yorker, I am ashamed. The real question is, how in the heck is this news? Was it a slow day in the city when they decided to print this? Even if it was in the travel section, I still don't get it.

It reads like a 12 yr old's diary.

This IS coming from a person who showers with her clothes on...

No kidding, when I read it I was wondering if this is how she writes all of her travel columns...

Maybe it's supposed to be entertaining?

If it were titled; "The [Ethnic] Princesses' Guide to Bonaire", I would have thought it was pretty damn funny.

If she's a serious travel journalist, and this was supposed to be a serious piece, and not a joke... then wow, sounds like the NY Post has pretty low standards.

-Brandon.

People reading her probably aren't divers anyway...:D

well, she *is* a joke... and this is her idea of trying to be hip and trendy
and urban and all that NYC stuff. it's what passes for humor with her.

her ilk don't go anywhere further than 10 feet from a Pink Lady
(this is her persona anyway)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom