New TV Scuba Show- Tank'd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The comment about american chopper is just about the fact that it was a cable tv phenom.
How many people that watched that show have or will ever own a chopper?
The show will be watched by FAR more non divers then divers.

Trailer looked good to me (except for the stop and start toward the end). Best of luck with it. I will certainly be watching.

I am afraid that the number of shows doesn't bare that out! Non-divers need more to interests in them! I can't believe people watch Golf and won't watch Dive Shows unless there is a hook! The old shows that did well had heroes real and imagined! We need heroes in the dive industry! We have no Tiger Woods, we have no Shack, we have fins and asses going around the reef! I don't feel that why, but believe me I have a lot of non-diver friends that fall asleep watching divers! Sad but true! If it weren't we would have a ton of dive shows and a lot more divers! You see more dog shows on TV than Dive shows! Sad but true! I am developing a series for a cable company and it ain't easy to provide for divers and non-divers alike! I remember the travel channel having a pretty good travel SCUBA show and it went bye bye! It is a tough formula and our pilot is almost done and we hope we might have found the right mix, but we all do, don't we?
Ok, my point and experience. I thought golf was one of the two stupidest games I’d ever heard of. Then recovering from a surgery that made getting up off the floor (my bed, uh foam pad, was on the floor) pure agony…and with out a remote (kiddies, it used to BE that way) I discovered golf on TV. Rather amazing to me these guys with many many thousands of $’s purse were thwacking balls off into the trees. They all were, it had to be a lot harder than it looked.
(Later, that one under par water shot was no doubt a complete fluke. I’ve only played (if it could really be called playing) a couple of times and generally walked a lot more off the grass.):D

And how amazing was that Reality Dog Show. Seeing it advertised, I never thought that was a good idea, but was a success. I watched more of that than ever saw any Survivors…course they sure picked some real loons willing to show the world.

Hope a dive show doesn’t promote instabuddy, deep bounces etc dire stupidity and goes more to all the variety of diving there is.

An awful lot of people watched Jacques Cousteau's shows . . . I think there's a lot of curiosity about the world underwater, and a lot of appreciation of the beauty and fascination that can be captured with clever camera work. Best wishes for Tank'd -- We'll certainly watch it!

I'll be looking forward to the show. I think, if marketed well, it will catch the interest of many folks. Remember Mutual of Omaha's, Wild Kingdom or Jacques Cousteau? Loads of people watched those shows...

Ok couple more thoughts.
PapaBear does come off a bit negative - but he is right about ScubaPro and others don't have the money to support a show. We knew that at the beginning so we designed the show to bring in the Visa's, Fords, BP's of the world. We have to grow the industry so they CAN afford projects like this.

Yes lots of people watched Jacques. He did something that we are doing as well - you see divers in the water. So many underwater shows feature marine life, but you never really see divers. We want to create and show a "Diving Lifestyle" - thats what will increase awareness and bring people to the sport.
Snow-boarders have it, surfers have it scuba divers need it to. We want people to say - i want friends like that,want adventures like that. it's not about gear and tech stuff - it's about what you can see, what you can do, where you can go.
We're not selling gear, we're selling adventure and excitement - and that will sell gear.

Best of luck, Chris.

Looks like a great, and long-awaited, project.

Thanks for the quick synopsis.

Fantastic, really lookin forward to your show.

there have been alot of diving shows that were here one year gone the next. Deep sea detectives was a series that i used to show non divers what diving was like. I think i have all of the rodale's dive today on vhs. There's supposed to be diving shows on different satelite and digital cable sources out there. I think websites and radio shows (scuba radio) have a better chance at seeing years vs 2-5 seasons with a tv show. I would love to see it last and get some more divers out there.

I'm glad that one episode is at least partially devoted to the Channel Islands. I may be biased living here, but I think the area is pretty special. I hope the show is a big success.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom