New TV Scuba Show- Tank'd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was actually more likely to watch dive shows or anything underwater before I dove. Now unless it's something out of the ordinary I don't have much desire to watch since I'd just rather be there for real.

I must have missed it, anyone see what network it is supposed to be on?

The Website said PBS- that's good news

Ok just watched the trailer and I think this show could fly.,

There was someone advertising in the help wanted section of this board not too long ago looking for people to host a show like this. Anyone know if this is the same show?

Either way, looks pretty cool.

Well hello everyone - seems to be a lot of thoughts about Tank'd.
Let's see -
We signed a deal with PBS. Tank'd will be broadcast nationally in 99% of US homes - more then 100 million,

It is geared for divers and non divers. Everyone to a person that has seen it wants to learn how to dive. We have a arms wide open approach.

The music is fun and hip with energy. The sneak peek gives you a good taste of the music. There will be no symphony music underwater - this is not your fathers pontiac !
We hope to break a band a season.

It will be all ages appropriate - the orgasm line is as rough as it gets.

The show has a green slant - protect the oceans - but not heavy handed. We will highlight problems and success stories.
We are working with 30 or more scientists around the world and all the major conservancy groups.

We have teamed up with all the certification agencies, so we can build a grassroots awarness among divers.

We have 13 episodes for season one. You can find out more about the show and us at 7 Seas Productions • Seattle, WA - Producers of TANK'D

We are all instructors with 3000+ dives with 10 years of experience or more

No we did not place an ad for a host, we are the creators and co-hosts.

I will keep my eye out for more posts

Oh and yes advertisers will pay if it attracts the masses. We want Tank'd to be a main stream pop culture show - only on PBS. Think American Chopper only no arguments, not choppers and it's underwater
The show is 30 mins and expected to shown during the week in the 7 - 8 pm time slot, then will repeat on the weekends

guess thats it for now - talk later
take care
Chris Malone
Executive Producer
Seven Seas Productions

Non-divers WILL watch shows about diving IF they don't focus on the technical or instructional aspects as much and focus on the experience of being underwater and the interesting marine life divers see there. The vast majority of the viewers of my cable TV show are non-divers and I'm frequently told how much they enjoy the opportunity to see a world they don't have direct access to.

Of course there needs to be a good marketing approach to make non-divers aware of the show's availability.
I would agree. Things with weird equipment and bizarre environment catch people’s eye when they run across them and we all know ladies in scanty clothing sure do.

Oh and yes advertisers will pay if it attracts the masses. We want Tank'd to be a main stream pop culture show - only on PBS. Think American Chopper only no arguments, not choppers and it's underwater
The show is 30 mins and expected to shown during the week in the 7 - 8 pm time slot, then will repeat on the weekends

Well, I am looking forward to seeing it, I wish you luck. But this comment scares me a bit about your future. American Chopper without arguments or choppers is, well, the premise Sienfeld was based on. I hope Tank'd is not about nothing:blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom