New TV Scuba Show- Tank'd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ketchumid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I saw this website in Scuba Diving mag- it looks like a fun show. Maybe not as technical as many on this board but for me I appreciate a WWD feel good diving show.

You can play the preview, it starts in fall 2008 according to the info.
:D

Tank'D - Travel Dive Show

Thats Great, but Divers will watch it and non-divers won't Divers will watch anything with SCUBA in it! The problem is there is not enough of use to support these shows and the sponsors know it! Unless you go internet or public access no one gets to see these shows! Just an observation! I wish them well! Break a leg!:popcorn:

Looks like a fun show. I did that Manta Ray Night Dive off Kona in October and it was without a doubt the most amazing experience of my life. Can't wait to see the whole episode!

Non-divers WILL watch shows about diving IF they don't focus on the technical or instructional aspects as much and focus on the experience of being underwater and the interesting marine life divers see there. The vast majority of the viewers of my cable TV show are non-divers and I'm frequently told how much they enjoy the opportunity to see a world they don't have direct access to.

Of course there needs to be a good marketing approach to make non-divers aware of the show's availability.

Non-divers WILL watch shows about diving IF they don't focus on the technical or instructional aspects as much and focus on the experience of being underwater and the interesting marine life divers see there. The vast majority of the viewers of my cable TV show are non-divers and I'm frequently told how much they enjoy the opportunity to see a world they don't have direct access to.

Of course there needs to be a good marketing approach to make non-divers aware of the show's availability.

I am afraid that the number of shows doesn't bare that out! Non-divers need more to interests in them! I can't believe people watch Golf and won't watch Dive Shows unless there is a hook! The old shows that did well had heroes real and imagined! We need heroes in the dive industry! We have no Tiger Woods, we have no Shack, we have fins and asses going around the reef! I don't feel that why, but believe me I have a lot of non-diver friends that fall asleep watching divers! Sad but true! If it weren't we would have a ton of dive shows and a lot more divers! You see more dog shows on TV than Dive shows! Sad but true! I am developing a series for a cable company and it ain't easy to provide for divers and non-divers alike! I remember the travel channel having a pretty good travel SCUBA show and it went bye bye! It is a tough formula and our pilot is almost done and we hope we might have found the right mix, but we all do, don't we?

I will be watching with my family- what a better way to get excited about a dive vacation- believe me when you have 4 feet of snow outside a little WWD show is a welcome relief. Look at the cooking network, we are not chefs but there is some shows there to enjoy. With so little family friendly TV on I think shows on active sports will succeeded.

We have a RSN network in our town (all about skiing) and that might be an outlet for this show as well.

I just hope the music is not too "independent"

Are there any underwater fights in this show?
Does anyone cut somebody's hose? ouch!
What about giant squid attacking tourists and a scuba diver saving them.
There is a reason people watched Sea Hunt and I don't think it was because there were pretty reefs & fish.. it was because there were bad guys (and gals) (and only 2 or 3 channels).
I'll watch it.. I watch National Geographic, but the folks that watch Lost & 24 and are not divers probably will not be interested. BUT.. that is what is great about entertainment today.. It doesn't have to be popular to get some audience.

Jury's still out for my .$02.

The Discover Channel seems to do well with the underwater shows (even the non-shark attack/kill/maim/dismember episodes). I think as long as the cinematography is great, and it doesn't *just* focus on the technical aspects of diving, it may have a shot.

I understand and agree, but what I am saying is 5 million people won't bring in enough money to produce a good show that will last! 20 million yes! So we have to go after the non-diver to make it work! Most non-divers see someone going underwater and they zone out because they can't relate! I have done the studies! Our program has been a year in the making and the corporate executives can say "No thank you" we are going with a fishing show! :11: because 9 million fisherman will watch and Cabellos and Tracker will pay for it! SCUBA Pro and the rest won't pay! Believe me they won't! You have to get the audience first and then they might "Take a look" it would be great! How many years have you heard rumors of a SCUBA network coming? Local at best! Public access!????

The period key is just to the left of the question mark key, Papa Bear. Feel free to insert it in lieu of an exclamation point for almost anything but a factorial.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom