BTS - Beneath the Sea 2023 - March 24th - 26th - Meadowlands, NJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-JD-

Eclecticist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
2nd hand word that I got from someone who is goof friends with the BTS folks is that they're planning to return in 2023... Obviously that's aspirational and subject to the realities of things.
Well, it looks like @TravisD 's rumor is correct :cheers: and BTS - Beneath the Sea is back for 2023

For those of you that don't already know: BTS is a consumer-desired show open to the public. Unlike DEMA, you don't need to be a "pro", LDS, manufacturer, or know somebody.

New website: Beneath the Sea

Friday March 24th - Diving Science Symposium +$, PSI-PCI Classes +$$,
Saturday March 25th - Trade Show, PSI-PCI Classes +$$, Workshop: "Self-preservation and Self Rescue" +$
Sunday March 26th - Trade Show, Workshop: "Dress for Success" personal Scuba Kit review +$.

They don't have any of the included seminars listed at this time if they are actually running them.

Currently 128 exhibitors listed and 98%+ are diving/dive-travel related. (One gutter-guard co that I saw)

Locals: I've started an announcement/carpool thread in the NE Forum to keep things focused. Please keep any travel coordination over there: BTS - Beneath the Sea 2023 - March 24th - 26th - Meadowlands, NJ (Carpool Coordination)

If anybody wants to coordinate a group meetup meal or something, feel free to do it here ...

I always enjoyed BTS more than DEMA.
Really enjoyed going out a day early to get my annual pilgrimage to B&H Photo and Adorama Photo and just wandering around Manhattan for the day.
But with retiring from the industry, I can't justify the time and expense to go now.
I would like to make a weekend trip to NYC at some point. Getting a cat sitter is the big issue now for something like that.

Let's talk inflation: $35 to enter! That's a big chunk of change. Talks look mediocre at best.

Anyone have a Promo Code?

$5 off at the door with DAN membership.

I'm excited as I'm going for the first time!
It used to be a fun show. One of my favorites. Prefer it to DEMA. (Less travel and more fun). Hope it's as good this year. Yes. DAN is good about that!

I'm bringing my daughter for the first time and collecting STICKERS!

I've never been to any kind of show (motorcycle or auto at the javitz center) that has ever been THAT much fun but it's decent and you get to touch stuff.

And you can usually pick up cheap wetsuits from the guy in the corner. Not the creepy guy in the hoodie, though. Don't talk to him.

So there are actual vendors selling stuff? I was guessing it was big brands demoing wares.

You guys are lucky you still have a show. The Chicago show (forgetting the name) is gone and won’t be coming back.

Edit - it was Our World Underwater

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom