BTS - Beneath the Sea 2024 - Saturday (March 23rd) Breakfast Meetup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-JD-

Eclecticist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I started a full BTS info thread over in the Dive Shows and Events Forum: BTS - Beneath the Sea 2024 - March 22nd-24th - Meadowlands, NJ

Please keep general conversation about the show over there, and lets keep this thread for folks that want to meet for breakfast on Saturday before the show.

Several of us are planning to meet for breakfast on Saturday, March 23rd before the BTS 2024 show.

Want to join us? - Chime in here.

Chiming

Current thoughts are for a 8am target in the greater Expo-Center/Hotels/Shops complex for convenience.

There are several hotels - some may have restaurants.

There are also a few other places within a few hundred yards from the expo hall (355 Plaza Dr, Secaucus, NJ 07094):

Chiming... 8am might be too early for me but I'm interested...
I know that 8AM is early for me, so it's a slim possibility.

Not to hijack your thread too much, but is anyone interested in meeting later (brunch-ish, or 5PM+ on the way out) either day?

I'm not wed to 8am, personally. There were pre-thread discussions about breakfast and so I put up 8 as a target to prevent conflicts for those attending or presenting the seminars which start at 9:30.

FWIW, I'd also be good with "Lupper" at the end of the show day (in addition to, or in place of, breakfast depending on interest..)

How about everybody posts up with their Possible time window for a breakfast start time and see where we end up ...

@tridacna , @BoundForElsewhere , @mje113 , @rmssetc & of course anybody else ...

-JD- 7:00 --- whenever

How about everybody posts up with their Possible time window for a breakfast start time and see where we end up ...

@tridacna , @BoundForElsewhere , @mje113 , @rmssetc & of course anybody else ...

-JD- 7:00 --- whenever
Breakfast -10ish, or lunch, dnner-ish later.

For those who have been to BTS before, how would you rate the trade show swag or purchase opportunities? Are there typically really good deals for retail buys?

Not that I am shopping for anything particular, but it may influence whether I travel by motorcycle or car.

No plans to mount a set of doubles on the bike. Not yet...

For those who have been to BTS before, how would you rate the trade show swag or purchase opportunities? Are there typically really good deals for retail buys?

Not that I am shopping for anything particular, but it may influence whether I travel by motorcycle or car.

No plans to mount a set of doubles on the bike. Not yet...
Last year was my only time... I'd say no, nothing for sale you couldn't fit on your bike. I think there was only a couple general retailers, but I only walked out with a drysuit hanger. I heard that you might get deals if you hit booths at the right time--like right before packing up, but that was not my experience. Swag was also minimal... just brochures and maybe a few stickers.

Not to show my age... but if anyone else has been debating getting quality prescription lenses installed in their masks (readers for me), Prescription Dive Masks has a booth and I confirmed with Linda that they'll be able to do all the measurements and take your mask back to San Diego with them for installation. Just make sure you bring your script and mask. It'll save you shipping one way at least.

The seminars I'm most interested in on Saturday will have me wrapped up 10:30am-1:30pm and then 2:30-3:30, but otherwise I'm flexible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom