New Turks & Caicos videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcm007:
Hey, which NEKTON Trip did you go on. Im going to Belize in March. I d love to see any Nekto vids.thx !

I have done the Southern Bahamas and Cay Sal Bank (did that interary twice). You'll have a grand time, in general the Nekton experience has been very good for me. I am still doing the final edits from my last trip in July (5+ hours of video) don't know if I will have it ready anytime too soon as I have it on the back burner while I am trying to put together video selections to apply for a grant with a fast approaching deadline.

Send me a message with your address to and I will send you the rough cut of my shark dive ( I have two copies of it "lying around")--if you care to see it.

Regards,

Steve

that video was awesome!
can anyone tell which islands/reefs sustained the most hurricane damage? We've been interested in GTurk & Salt Key, et al. in March whale season..
thanks!

Hey Ron,

Your Coz buddy from last year here. Those vids are just beautiful. Great production. Nice to see your sis & bro-in-law again too! I just got back from Saba the week after your trip, as you may remember. (see http://www.scubaboard.com/t76861-saba-trip-report.html )

Tell us more about Shangri-La when you get the chance. I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with a Pacific destination for fall 2005. Would love to do Raja Ampat/Irian Jayar but the land based Sorido resort is enormously expensive and the Kararu liveaboard's only doing the area in the spring, when I'm tied up. Other ops there don't look as appealing.

My other choice, the Bilikiki in the Solomons, has all its 14-day trips booked through 2006! Even my buddy Capt. Raabe of the Febrina's booked for the best trips in PNG. Saba was lovely, but, as I wrote, not world class diving. I think I'm spoiled after PNG and must return to the opposite hemisphere to dive again.

Take care and thanks for the great video entertainment!!

Best Regards,

Peter

peterjmaerz:
Hey Ron,

Your Coz buddy from last year here. Those vids are just beautiful. Great production. Nice to see your sis & bro-in-law again too! I just got back from Saba the week after your trip, as you may remember. (see http://www.scubaboard.com/t76861-saba-trip-report.html )

Tell us more about Shangri-La when you get the chance. I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with a Pacific destination for fall 2005. Would love to do Raja Ampat/Irian Jayar but the land based Sorido resort is enormously expensive and the Kararu liveaboard's only doing the area in the spring, when I'm tied up. Other ops there don't look as appealing.

My other choice, the Bilikiki in the Solomons, has all its 14-day trips booked through 2006! Even my buddy Capt. Raabe of the Febrina's booked for the best trips in PNG. Saba was lovely, but, as I wrote, not world class diving. I think I'm spoiled after PNG and must return to the opposite hemisphere to dive again.

Take care and thanks for the great video entertainment!!

Best Regards,

Peter

How ya doin Peter ?

Of course I remember you. As a matter of fact Linda, Monty and I were reminiscing about what a great long weekend of diving that trip was. They're planning on going back to Coz again for a long weekend sometime this winter.

Turks and Caicos was great. That was my 1st liveaboard and I had a great time. I kind of already decided to use the shangrila music before the trip so all I needed was to film some good footage.

I don't have much experience with the Pacific other than Hawaii. You're building quite a dive resume. How about Palau, Fiji, Yap or Truk ?

Galapagos is high on my list. I'd like to get more experience 1st though and I'm not sure what to do about the colder water. I don't want to buy a new wetsuit just for the trip. I guess I could always rent. Any thoughts ?

Terrific video! Thank you for sharing it. Can you tell me who is singing in the second video?

Thank you again,

R.

Randy43068:
Terrific video! Thank you for sharing it. Can you tell me who is singing in the second video?

Thank you again,

R.

Thanks. The music in the 2nd video is Billy Idol.

For me, some songs seem perfect for a scuba video. I've had this song saved for a while waiting for a trip where I filmed a decent amount of good footage. Turks and Caicos Explorer liveaboard fit the bill.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Ron

Maredsous:
I think your choices for musical accompaniment were perfect for your videos. What is the music that's in the first video?

The musician is "Govi". I've used his songs in some of my other videos too.

ronrosa:
How ya doin Peter ?
How about Palau, Fiji, Yap or Truk ?

Galapagos is high on my list. I'd like to get more experience 1st though and I'm not sure what to do about the colder water. I don't want to buy a new wetsuit just for the trip. I guess I could always rent. Any thoughts ?

Well, as for P, F, Y or T, I've just started thinking about the Truk Odyssey, but I won't be surprised to find that very much in-demand vessel booked up as well. Up to now, I haven't been too keen on the idea of wreck-only diving, but it does seem like there's pretty abundant life on those wrecks. I might check it out.

I loved Fiji and would certainly consider a rerun. Perhaps the Fiji Agressor or the N'aia (sp?) liveaboard. Even though I've heard nothing but the highest praise for Palau diving, I also hear how very popular it is; seems that there are crowds of boats hovering at the most popular sites. Also, I've read there's been quite a lot of coral loss
(part of a worldwide trend, of course) and the animals alone would not be worth it for me. Yap would be a fun sidetrip, I think, but not a full vacation destination.

Ron, I have to admit, I'm a cold water wuss. Even Komodo, which I'd love to dive, is too cold for me to consider doing 5 dives a day off a liveaboard. Forget about the Galapagos. That said, you may want to think about a hooded vest. I've got a Henderson Gold core that's 5 mil thick in the hood and 3 in the body. It adds a vast amount of warmth when worn, as designed, under a jumpsuit. I wear mine while doing winter diving here in Florida, under my 5 mil. This helps me to withstand 73 or 74 degree water, at least for a couple of afternoon dives!

Good to hear from you, Ron. Say Hi to Linda and Monty for me and stay in touch. Hope we can end up diving together again down the line.

Best Regards,

Back
Top Bottom