Trip Report Disappointing Experience on the Turks and Caicos Explorer II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well obviously that's on you, it's not the fault of the dive charter that you didn't read carefully. They put it there, it's up to the customer to do their homework. So anything related to "surprise charges and fees" and you having to incur inconveniences for not bringing enough cash should be eliminated from your review because it is not a valid complaint (along with the poor visibility and possibly the choice of dive sites - because as I said as per my experience they were ALL bad). Toss the weird grumble about the "food being too fancy" and the silly rant about the midweek towel exchange and infrequent bed linen swaps (seriusly dude this is a DIVE boat not the Ritz Carlton) there isn't all that much to whine about except maybe the dive crew wasn't as friendly as you'd like and the boat was a bit run down.

Actually, no. Since you directed your post at me (and everyone else who read it), that is not necessarily why I go on a liveaboard. I go on a liveaboard for the convenience and the ability to do a ton of dives in a short period of time without constantly boarding and unloading heavy wet dive gear and wasting time on long boat rides and having all my gear right there ready to go without having to swap tanks and do a bunch of mundane tasks that do not apply when there is a dedicated gear station right near the platform (including a charging station for camera and torch batteries). If I forget something in my room it's never more than a 45 second walk to retrieve it, and on the way back I can usually grab a snack from the lounge. You can't put a price on that.
It seems you took away exactly what you wanted from my review. The comment about the bedding was a simple observation, not necessarily a complaint. While we've been on dive boats that provided better room service, you're reading too much into that remark.

Remember, this is my review, and I’m allowed to express my opinions and experiences. You’re welcome to disagree with me, but this space is for sharing my honest perspective.

Back
Top Bottom