Trip Report Disappointing Experience on the Turks and Caicos Explorer II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on the old RSA as well (prior to the fire).

I am kind of surprised with the reaction to being served meals that reflect the price being paid for certain LOB trips. I have no doubt that the chef on the RSA probably did attend culinary school and was proud to showcase his national cuisine. This is IMHO - and with respect - neither showing off. nor over the top, and really shouldn't be characterized as amusing. Our group of divers on that particular trip appreciated the varied menu and looked forward to each day's offering.

I was on the old RSA as well (prior to the fire).

I am kind of surprised with the reaction to being served meals that reflect the price being paid for certain LOB trips. I have no doubt that the chef on the RSA probably did attend culinary school and was proud to showcase his national cuisine. This is IMHO - and with respect - neither showing off. nor over the top, and really shouldn't be characterized as amusing. Our group of divers on that particular trip appreciated the varied menu and looked forward to each day's offering.
From the reactions of my fellow guests, I would say most of us found it delightful. They clapped and such when a fancifully plated dish came out of the galley. The same menu, the same dishes, could have been plated in a more utilitarian manner, but I would agree that if the cook was able to do it up as he did, then why not?--it certainly didn't detract from our enjoyment of the food. I'm glad this cook had the opportunity to work for the boat, and he was clearly pleased to put everything he had into his job.

Back
Top Bottom