Trip Report Disappointing Experience on the Turks and Caicos Explorer II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It most definitely deserves pushback
He accused the captain and crew of being nonchalant, dismissive and unprofessional and EV of being negligent , none of which is true.
Each trip I've done on this boat , including the week before this guy , has basically been the opposite of what he's saying. The crew was excellent and the boat is old but well looked after
If I hadn't recently been on other EV ships, I wouldn't have had anything to compare this trip to. This is just my opinion, and I understand that others, like you, may have had a different experience. I never said the crew was bad; they just weren't as exceptional as those I've had on previous EV ships.

Hello @buster243, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience aboard the Turks & Caicos Explorer II. We understand your remarks about marine life and visibility—these natural elements are indeed beyond anyone's control, and as fellow divers, we empathize with the disappointment when conditions aren’t ideal. We also share your concern about the challenges facing reefs worldwide. That's why we’re deeply committed to sustainability, working closely with local organizations like Turks & Caicos Reef to monitor and support these vital ecosystems. Despite these challenges, there are still many areas of stunning marine life on all of our itineraries.

Regarding the linens and towels, in line with our sustainability efforts we typically change these items once a week. However, guests are always welcome to request fresh towels more frequently if needed. We also have dedicated maintenance on staff to address any issues that may arise during and after each trip.

We’re glad to hear you enjoyed the food on your trip. We understand that personal preferences can vary widely, so we offer a variety of menu options throughout the itinerary. We’re also happy to accommodate special requests and dietary needs when notified ahead of time.

We strive to be transparent about any additional fees, which is why we disclose them upfront when booking, include them in the trip paperwork, and make them available in our FAQ section on our website, including customary gratuities for crew this service industry.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback and value the input of every guest. Our team works tirelessly to ensure everyone receives exceptional care and service, while upholding our commitments to safety, authenticity, and sustainability. If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to us at info@explorerventures.com. Thank you again, and happy diving!
I get it, you can't help the hurricane decimating the reefs, but it did and surely there are better reefs in the area, but maybe not. If these are the best there is, maybe it's time to retire this route.
Our main concern is the extensive use of cash (tourist theft is rampant and cash you never get back) and the practice of writing down credit card numbers in this digital age. Handwriting credit card information is a significant security risk and invites fraud. Is this really how you want your company to be known—compromised credit cards? As business owners ourselves, we know that if we were caught writing down credit card information, we could lose our payment processing privileges. It only takes one disgruntled employee to cause a major issue. Couldn't your company send us an invoice a week in advance? Credit card fees are a part of doing business and should be factored in as such.

I'm really confused by the idea that hurricanes ruined any reefs in TCI (other than maybe very shallow elkhorn that we don't dive anyway). Where has this assertion come from? There is no doubt that the reef changes over time. I have dove immediately before and after major hurricanes (Irma/Maria, Isaias, Ike). I haven't noticed a difference at all after the vis cleared. Everything you're describing sounds like you were diving sites that had swell and that the vis was garbage. Taking you guys out where you dove may under the conditions may be the fault of the live aboard you were on but your experience isn't representative of the average diving in TCI.

Back
Top Bottom