Bahamas Vs Turks an Caicos for 1st Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Homunculus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi all

planning my very 1st Liveaboard in Caribbeans. I'm prone to seasickness but will load up on Dramamine. Want to see if it's something i can tolerate and expand to far away places in the future or if it's a miserable experience and I should stick to the land.

Planning for Aug 2024.

Choosing between Aquacat in Bahamas or Explorer in Turks and Caicos. Trying to stay in the 2.2-3.2K price range I heard that catamaran is more stable so somewhat leaning towards aquacat. Aquacat offers some land based tours which is very attractive to me as well.

Does anyone who has experienced with one or both locations have any feedback/suggestions? Opinions from seasick prone folks are extra valuable.

Thank you very much

I was on T&C Agressor about ten years ago and we hit some heavy swell the first day when exiting Providenciales. I’m talking 6-8’ seas probably at >10 second interval. After about two hours of that, everyone on the boat was green, including me, and I am not particularly susceptible to sea sickness. Aside from that, it was one of the best dive trips I’ve ever been on in terms of service. I can’t recommend it enough, just bring your Dramamine.

The Aquacat is very stable and an excellent operation. Actually stable enough that it might not give you a good reading of how you will fare on a monohull like the T&C Explorer. You could always start with Aquacat then try the other. :)

Aquacat is quite popular and tends to get booked far ahead, have you checked openings yet?

The diving is very different between the 2, though you will tend to see more sharks in both places compared to most Caribbean destinations. Diving averages deeper in T&C,

Hello Mikhail
T and C Explorer is an exceptionally calm trip , especially in August , with the slim possible exception of a hurricane directly or indirectly affecting the island. The itinerary would be adjusted accordingly.
Current is rarely an issue.
Excellent trip and very easy excellent diving

Hello Mikhail
T and C Explorer is an exceptionally calm trip , especially in August , with the slim possible exception of a hurricane directly or indirectly affecting the island. The itinerary would be adjusted accordingly.
Current is rarely an issue.
Excellent trip and very easy excellent diving
+1.

August, unless having a hurricane, is the bestest weather you're going to get in the Caribbean.

This will be the easiest liveaboard ever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom