Question New to scuba diving, is it a bad instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you would identify the shop, and the instructor by name and PADI number it would help lend credence to the story.
She would expose herself to claims of libel if she identified him here and publicly accused him of sexual assault.

@Pearl0123, I think "trick" would be "skill" in English. You're French Canadian, eh?

Yeah that took me a bit to understand but based on the context of the sentence I figured as much. I just hope in the end she gets the training she paid for.

Police first, then PADI
If she's already back in Canada, filing a police report may be difficult.

I don’t mean to be inflammatory, but if a women was subject to aggressive pursuit in a sexual manner, did not object at the time, left the situation voluntarily, and then returned two more times over a series of days and receiving similar responses, how is a man to understand that his actions were unwelcome?

I can certainly agree that his actions were unprofession but I have a hard time understanding where a criminal aspect comes into play and how the advice to call the police makes sense. Do women have the right to demand that a man is a mind reader?

Women should be empowered to stand up for themselves and act as an adult, rather than a helpless, silent victim.

We expect more from even our relatively young children, when we try to develop their self confidence to a point where they have the tools to remove themselves from an uncomfortable or unwelcome situation - at least as best they can. How do you send a kid to church, school, Boy Scouts, baseball or anywhere without being reasonably sure they can stand up for themselves?

I don’t mean to be inflammatory, but if a women was subject to aggressive pursuit in a sexual manner, did not object at the time, left the situation voluntarily, and then returned two more times over a series of days and receiving similar responses, how is a man to understand that his actions were unwelcome?

I can certainly agree that his actions were unprofession but I have a hard time understanding where a criminal aspect comes into play and how the advice to call the police makes sense. Do women have the right to demand that a man is a mind reader?

Women should be empowered to stand up for themselves and act as an adult, rather than a helpless, silent victim.

We expect more from even our relatively young children, when we try to develop their self confidence to a point where they have the tools to remove themselves from an uncomfortable or unwelcome situation - at least as best they can. How do you send a kid to church, school, Boy Scouts, baseball or anywhere without being reasonably sure they can’t stand up for themselves?
Your sentiment may seem rational, but you need to educate yourself on the psychosocial complexities of sexual harassment and assault.

Your sentiment may seem rational, but you need to educate yourself on the psychosocial complexities of sexual harassment and assault.
When do people have to act as adults? I was subject to long term abuse as an adolescent, so I have some familiarity with it. Children are different than adults and to treat women as weak powerless children will not bring about good outcomes for anyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom