New stuff: How do you think it will work out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tassie_Rohan:
Out of interest does anyone makes small backplates that would fit a 12 year old? I guess the system could grow with him...

There are a couple places that make small plates, but when I asked BoomX5 about it he told me his son (11?) uses a standard plate, so I gave my standard plate to a very small teenager (15) and it fits perfectly - I wear a standard and am 6' nice that they are so versatile...

Aloha, Tim

For comparison, a brand new MR12 plus Axis is $141US (around $180CAD) from LeisurePro.

$70 for a BC hose? Holy. That's like CompUSA charging $25 for a 6 foot USB cable.

Actually, it's more like them charging $50 for a 6 foot USB cable.

I paid about $70-80 for the inflator assembly, (soft hose, jacket mount and button/oral inflator end,) without the LP hose for a SeaQuest bcd. It came from the states via a friend. At least that's what he told me he paid for it.

Fact is, if you buy a new BC, it will include the inflator hose. This BC sells new for $190US ($235CAD). $170 for a used rental BC is a rip off.

You know what, most LDS sell used rental gear at nearly new prices. As understood here the used BC will cost 170 dollars and the new one is 190 dollars. Since we cannot be there to see the stuff I can only assume it has in fact been used more than once. If it were in good shape with the hose for 100 dollars that sounds OK but not 170 dollars.
I don't know exactly which regulator you got there but I have been using Mares regulators for years and they do just fine at 200 plus feet so 100 feet should be no problem.
I was never much into buying used junk, used cars, used refrigerators, used clothes, used scuba gear, used lawnmowers. It is much less frustrating to me to get something new--then I get to tear it up myself! N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom