New Sherwood Oasis has old style first stage??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefrat

Contributor
Reaction score
I have seen images and descriptions of the new Sherwood Oasis reg on Scubatoys and other sites, it looks like an amalgamation of the new type second stages with the older "dry bleed" system first stage. Does anyone know if this is true or just a misprint?

It looks as you describe it. I would want to see a service manual to note any differences. Sherwood has been making rock solid regs for decades with only slight cosmetic changes over the years. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up at set, but I have at least a dozen Sherwood's already in my basement.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365115251.453832.jpg

Seems someone wants to get rid of old stock.

The Magnum - Brut - Oasis first stage of this year 2013 is not an inline model, but a 90 degree model with a Schrader valve instead of the flow restrictor screw and a diaphragm to keep the piston - spring area dry.
PM me if more details are wanted.

Great regs, I used one for 14+ years before upgrading to an Atomic B2. The B2 breathes a little better and the swivel is nice for multiple dives per day. The reason I upgraded was sore gums (no swivel) on weeklong liveaboard trips, and that I felt like it was time for a new regulator after 14 years. I used myOasis on plenty of deeper (110' to 130') recreational dives, and it breaths really well.

Back
Top Bottom