New Shearwater firmware for all computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I downloaded the update to both of my Perdix. Switched on the SM mode, including the switch reminder. I'll just play with that and see how annoying it is when I dive this weekend. Not changing my display. Works just fine as is.

32A20A95-EE2E-47A5-9870-ADD7A65CD240.jpeg

I just installed it and already not happy.

I leave my Perdix AI in Rec mode as it was doing all I need. I usually dive with just one tank but sometimes 2 tanks with independent regs (back mount).

Previously, I had 2 transmitters configured, and would just switch between T1 and T1+T2 on the AI setup screen. I also had MINI 1 set up for the centre of the bottom row. It was smart enough to automatically switch between T1 Bar/SAC/GTR when I was using T1 and T1 Bar/T2 Bar/T1 GTR when was using T1+T2.

Now, switching between a single transmitter and 2 takes more button presses and I also have to reconfigure MINI 1 on the centre of the bottom row.

SM Mode will be nice so I will have a better SAC/GTR information when using two independent tanks.

dciem is a canadian algorithm, so it would make sense that shearwater would be one of the few to support it. .

Does that mean it will apologize to you if you get bent? Or if you don't get bent? Of it it takes the last Tim Hortons donut? If you drop it and crack the screen does the display change to "Sorry! Gravity, eh?"

Because if it does, THAT would be worth paying for!

Does that mean it will apologize to you if you get bent? Or if you don't get bent? Of it it takes the last Tim Hortons donut? If you drop it and crack the screen does the display change to "Sorry! Gravity, eh?"

Because if it does, THAT would be worth paying for!
It comes packaged with a maple flavored screen protector and all the screens are in French so you would actually be "le bent" and not just "bent", oui?

If it’s in French, wouldn’t poutine be a better option?
Oooh...good idea. I love poutine. Let's add gravy to the usual menu choices of salt and fresh and depth can be displayed in FFG.

DCEIM was quite the rage for a while; different concept (serial rather than parallel compartments), lots of testing, quite reputable.
For all I know it may be required for use in Canadian gov diving.
Here is the short-form table, for no-deco diving.

Here is the complete manual if you want to do some reading; I don't know if this is the most recent version.

Here is a classic discussion of various models, with DCIEM in context.

Attachments

• DCIEM Short-Form.pdf
    718 KB · Views: 119
  • DCIEM Dive Manual and Tables - 2002.pdf
    7.3 MB · Views: 103
  • Hamilton-Thalmann.pdf
    438.8 KB · Views: 108
DCEIM was quite the rage for a while; different concept (serial rather than parallel compartments), lots of testing, quite reputable.

They are probably right, at the very least you blood has to have some increased saturation before it starts prefusing into other compartments.

I sort of view these ideas like the bubble model, from a theoretical level it is probably more correct than the dissolved gas models, but OTOH the dissolved gas model as applied in Buhlmann algorithms in most diver computers the has proven itself.

In addition to USN tables, we had to learn DCEIM for one of the exams in our HSE commercial diving course in the UK. I believe it's still part of the course, although we only use USN for actual dives.

If I recall, the tables made a lot of sense, especially as they were in metric.

Does anyone see where in the menus that you get to these Configurable Mini Displays?

i-tVB6cCv-M.jpg

Back
Top Bottom