New Pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So off I go today to put together a slick and different type of rig to hang a redundant air supply. (an AL 19cf ) I have some ideas in my head about ways to hang it and want to go out and search for different hardware to do it.
Call it a Stage Bottle or a Pony... Whatever... I'm going to sling it. I walk to the back of the Nationally known Farm and Ranch Store where I bought my Calhart Drysuit last week. ( I wear it after I dive :wink: )
Way on the far back wall they have all the "Tack" and stuff for horses. They have most everything Brass and Chrome and Stainless Steel a dive shop has to sling a rig off of what ever you want to sling it from and a few things a diver never thought about too.

There has to be a 100 different snaps and stuff. Take your pick. There was every sort of color of webbing and rope and stuff and clamps to work with and clear tubing and rubber things and D rings and ... Man ... I was just busy being a big time inventor don't you know :D

So... this cute little ole' hay seed Gal walks up wearing a red vest and a name tag 'cause she works there and she says, " Hi - I'm Jayleen,,, Ca-Na Hep Ya Fine Sumptin' ??" :blinking:

I said, "Well sure Jayleen and arn't you a nice little lady !... I'm Frank and I'm puttin' together a Pony Harness "

Well hi Frank , nice ta meet ya ! , She said smiling with all 5 teeth" So How big iz yer Pony??"

:rofl3: I about busted out laughing but I held it in.....
(My mind began to wonder but I somehow managed to stayed on point....I showed her with my hands about 18" apart )

Ohhhh.... It's 'bout Mmmmmm....this big...

She goes .. ReeLee !...Hmmmmmmmmm. Well... don't know if we got one that small asize.
How old iz it !

So I say,
"Actually, I'm going to make a custom sling for it and use these two snaps to hang it so I can carry it on my side".

She looked up at we with some strange and piercing eyes and asked,

" Why Ja wanna do that ?? ? :huh:

Just to be safe I said.....

True story.........

Those are the situations an old man lives for... she asks that stuff, and you can say whatever you want, and just claim later on your not all up there in the head! I definitely couldn't have handled that one near as well.

But on a realistic note, I just got done de-icing my pony... at least she's driveable now... :D

Good for you. Sounds like you had her goin. I've had horses before but never thought about getting scuba gear from a tach shop!!

Frank, I must admit that after being on an ambulance 38 out of the last 72 hours in the frozen hell that has been Central Texas, that was exactly what I needed to keep me going for the last 10 hours! :rofl3: Bravo I say, by the way I think that girl works in every Tractor Supply Co. I've ever been in.

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Frank,what ya get on the stuff we need for the tunnels this time?

The generator is going out, along with the lights. Having to do the kerosene lantern, and the bird thing for the air now.

I miss those generator fumes.

Maybe we can put the pony in a "wheel" thing like a big squirrel...run the power.

Oh...different fumes there.

Back to reality though....you need to go to Wally-World...it's cheaper there for the ropes and things. :rofl3:

This is not really that funny...cheap marine ropes have a place. :D

Jay Diver...I feel your pain (see my profile). And so does Firefyter...along with others.

Good work my compadre.

Thank the good Lord it's not called a muff bottle, that could have been so much worse, but yet the better story at this point!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom