New Old Stock - German made for U.S military

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These tanks would be marked AG (for Atemluft Geraet) and are breathing air tanks not for underwater use.Doesn't make any difference but if restamped TG (for Tauch Geraet) the interval between reinspections would drop to 2.5 years.
The valvers are "Kleinkonisch" which translates to small taper thread, a system which is no longer being actively supported since there have been several imstances of these valves shearing off when the tank is dropped on the valve.
The current replacement small Tank/Valve combination uses cylindrical M18x1.5 threads and is much stronger.
I'm guessing that the pictured tanks were made more than 40 years ago and finally sold for scrap., after all the firedepartments in Germany converted to 300Bar 35-40 years ago.
Michael
Thank you for the info. At this point it looks like the box they are in is the most valuable part.

Thank you for the info. At this point it looks like the box they are in is the most valuable part.
Yep. Although I imagine the gauges should be worth a little something as well. $10?

But I'm pretty sure he's got everyone's interest piqued with the hints about Faber tanks.

But I'm pretty sure he's got everyone's interest piqued with the hints about Faber tanks.

Yeah, but I will be they are all EU marking so not much good for the US market. And even if with UDOT markings shipping would be stupid expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom