New Old Stock - German made for U.S military

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Biggish rebreather bottles?
There are some 4L rebreather bottles out there, but not very common.
The neck stampings would be interesting to see. What are the bottle built(tested) to? If they were built for the USA, they might have DOT stampings? But the way they are marked up, probably not?
What are the valves? Or just the threads on the neck? Could a normal valve be installed?

If they were local and cheap I might be interested in playing. But with shipping, no interest personally.

These tanks would be marked AG (for Atemluft Geraet) and are breathing air tanks not for underwater use.Doesn't make any difference but if restamped TG (for Tauch Geraet) the interval between reinspections would drop to 2.5 years.
The valvers are "Kleinkonisch" which translates to small taper thread, a system which is no longer being actively supported since there have been several imstances of these valves shearing off when the tank is dropped on the valve.
The current replacement small Tank/Valve combination uses cylindrical M18x1.5 threads and is much stronger.
I'm guessing that the pictured tanks were made more than 40 years ago and finally sold for scrap., after all the firedepartments in Germany converted to 300Bar 35-40 years ago.
Michael

Where are they located? Would need to figure out shipping costs. Also, is that a separate pressure gauge or are the tanks connected inside the crate?
They are located in Tirana, Albania. The gauge is separate and isnt attached to any of the tubes.

I do also have a very large quantity of Fabers of more or less same air load capacity and pressure (In the hundreds) I am still sorting them out though as items have been shipped unsorted and without a list. I could easily load a 20 foot container to the brim with items on hand at this time. If interested I could ask a local shipping agency on shipping costs to the UAE. Please DM me if you are interested in further exploring this possibility.

They are located in Tirana, Albania. The gauge is separate and isnt attached to any of the tubes.

I do also have a very large quantity of Fabers of more or less same air load capacity and pressure (In the hundreds) I am still sorting them out though as items have been shipped unsorted and without a list. I could easily load a 20 foot container to the brim with items on hand at this time. If interested I could ask a local shipping agency on shipping costs to the UAE. Please DM me if you are interested in further exploring this possibility.

This is a really bad time to be shipping anything in a container.

These tanks would be marked AG (for Atemluft Geraet) and are breathing air tanks not for underwater use.Doesn't make any difference but if restamped TG (for Tauch Geraet) the interval between reinspections would drop to 2.5 years.
The valvers are "Kleinkonisch" which translates to small taper thread, a system which is no longer being actively supported since there have been several imstances of these valves shearing off when the tank is dropped on the valve.
The current replacement small Tank/Valve combination uses cylindrical M18x1.5 threads and is much stronger.
I'm guessing that the pictured tanks were made more than 40 years ago and finally sold for scrap., after all the firedepartments in Germany converted to 300Bar 35-40 years ago.
Michael

Thank you for the information. It helps a lot in creating a general idea.

I did get these items as overstock from the Albanian government along with a bunch of other stuff (I was in it for the other stuff as it falls under my area of expertise, but it was a bundle deal and had to get these tabks as well).

They are really cool to look at and have US Property engraved in the metal close to the nuzzle, but it can be felt when touching it rather than seen. I have multiple Fabers as well and will be uploading more info on them once I have them sorted out. I would love your input on them as well as you seem to know your stuff pretty well

This is a really bad time to be shipping anything in a container.
If the gentleman is located in the UAE it shouldn't be a problem as I know companies which import used vehicles from the area and can help out in a decent quote. As per shipping to the U.S, if it is in large quantities in containers I will only ship to ports as I cannot take responsibility about inland shipping. From my experience inland shipping in the U.S is like an oriental bazaar, anything goes and nothing is clear cut.

There are some 4L rebreather bottles out there, but not very common.
The neck stampings would be interesting to see. What are the bottle built(tested) to? If they were built for the USA, they might have DOT stampings? But the way they are marked up, probably not?
What are the valves? Or just the threads on the neck? Could a normal valve be installed?

If they were local and cheap I might be interested in playing. But with shipping, no interest personally.
I shall take more pcitures tmr. I will focus on the inscriptions of the box and items.

Back
Top Bottom