Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIR-Atlanta

Contributor
Reaction score
I am a new member on ScubaBoard, representing the DIR-Atlanta dive club. I understand that the protocol is to post an introductory message, and that normally this is done in the "Introductions" thread of ScubaBoard. However, I figure I will be spending most of my time in the DIR forums, so this seemed like a more appropriate place to introduce myself.

DIR-Atlanta is a group of DIR divers in the greater Atlanta area who meet and dive together regularly. Our club membership runs the gamut from OW/Rec to Cave and Mixed Gas divers. Many of us are GUE trained and have a fair amount of experience with DIR diving. I hope to be able to bring some of that knowledge and expertise to the DIR forum here, and look forward to communicating with you all.

hey, DIR-Atlanta, welcome aboard

Hey there!

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Since you'll be spending most of your time in this forum, I think it's a fine place to make your introduction.

Enjoy!

Christian

Welcome to SB!

It seems so odd to have one user name represent a whole group of people . . . kind of like a science-fiction communal organism. On the other hand, since the DIR community is sometimes characterized as the diving equivalent of the Borg, maybe it's appropriate :)

Welcome!

TSandM:
It seems so odd to have one user name represent a whole group of people . . . kind of like a science-fiction communal organism.
I agree it's kind of weird. The main reason for joining here was to help us find other interested DIR divers in our area. We really wanted to promote the club as an organization, and not have things tied to just one person. So we decided to join as a "group" instead of as an individual.

I kind of like the comparison to the Borg - resistance is futile! :wink:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom