New KY Diver from Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, it is totally cool. I am learning which is great. I'm just open water, but I want to go further with my dive path for sure. I am trying to learn all that I can. Thank you guys for explaining things to me.

No, it is totally cool. I am learning which is great. I'm just open water, but I want to go further with my dive path for sure. I am trying to learn all that I can. Thank you guys for explaining things to me.

Its All Good! Anytime, thats what this place is for. Ask anything you want. Careful though, sometimes the answer is not the one we wanted to hear. :wink:

Truely, I wish more agencies went with a long hose as more standard. It is soooo much easier in an air sharing event.

You are kinda getting tag teamed by Tammy and I.

Hmmmmmmmm....... Iwas never much of a wrestler:D
That's too fake:rofl3:
A former martial artist,... yes, but not a wrestler. :cool2:

To be honest I dive both recrationally & am still quite the novice in technical diving. I am finding that one type of diving can enhance the other, if you let it. Right now I'm kind of in the technical groove, but once I get the course I'm currently going through over, I'll probably start donning my recreational gear again here & there. I will definately have to go rec. for teaching once things start winding up as it warms up, in that department. Besides teaching, I'm hoping that I'll get to do some extra diving throughoutthe spring, summer & fall this year. My goal is to achieve 100 dives this year. With a 2 week trip to Malaysia in which I should be able to get a minimum of 40 dives, that should be doable.

. My goal is to achieve 100 dives this year. With a 2 week trip to Malaysia in which I should be able to get a minimum of 40 dives, that should be doable.

I'll just be happy to change that little "0-24 logged dives" that is over there...

<--------------------------------------

To further complicate the long hose arrangement, I use a 5' hose on my primary and a bungied secondary with a single tank. The routing is just a little bit easier...

I'll just be happy to change that little "0-24 logged dives" that is over there...

<--------------------------------------

How many tries did it take you before you got the arrow in just the right spot????:rofl3:

To further complicate the long hose arrangement, I use a 5' hose on my primary and a bungied secondary with a single tank. The routing is just a little bit easier...

Yes, I also have a 5' hose I can use on my recreational rig.... & I do use it every now & again, but it's not proven itself to be real practical when demo'ing regulator retrieval & air sharing in classes..... it likes to get caught on the darned snorkel:lookaround:.... (did I just even admit I wear one of those things?:shocked2::rolleyes:). Which then makes it look like I don't know what I'm doing.:lotsalove: It does make it a little easier on an air share, as you are both not in each other's faces & the OOA diver has a little room to collect themselves.. Kind of like my Datamask, I have it,.... it's nice,.... but for the types of diving I've been doing lately, it's not very practical.

5' long hose here too. Don't need no stinkin 7' since I don't cave dive. Cavern yes, cave NO! My instructor has been cave diving for 30 years and he really tried to get me to go that far but, after hearing the stories of the old days of mapping out new systems and all the perils they went through,,,,no thanks. I've had one claustrophobic experience in my life and I'm going to keep it that way!

No claustrophobia in the caves here,......... so far. In fact when we do "lights out" drills, I completely relax. I guess it's because I don't have any distractions of what my eyes see & my other senses take over. Other than getting myself wedged a little while lights- out following the guideline, I've never been in a really tight spot. I'm no where near ready for exploration or anything even close to that, I've got to get through my class first (hopefully by the end of March),..... then the learning really begins.

No claustrophobia in the caves here

Didn't happen in a cave or scuba diving. It was years and years ago when I used to install and service satellite dishes. Running a cable under a 150 year old farm house, I had to go WAY back up under the floor joists in a very small space. I'm going to tell you now, this is one form of extreme panic you never ever want to feel again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom