New Halcyon Gear for 2003?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else seen the new Halcyon catalog for 2003? A couple new things that I saw were a redesigned Scout (no longer looks like a UK lighthead) and a semi-closed circuit lift bag (open bottom but with OPV) for wetsuit divers.

Okay, exposing my ignorance here, but why do wetsuit divers need a special lift bag?

They were responding to the need for wetsuit divers to be able to inflate without disconnecting the inflator hose from the wing. There was a longstanding debate about closed circuit lift bags and wetsuits..

lal7176 once bubbled...
No drysuit hose is my guess.That way they can fill with a reg or exhaling bubbles into the bottom of it
Yeah - its an ugly feeling unplugging that inflator hose 80' above the bottom! Trust me to have just bought the old style bag (but seeing as I just got a drysuit, it's a moot point... although I bet the new one is easier to use regardless).

You got any pics of the new goodies you can post from the catalog?
Not without a scanner...it is a paper catalog and I don't have a scanner at home. Maybe I can scan a couple in at work tomorrow and post them..

Yeah - its an ugly feeling unplugging that inflator hose 80' above the bottom!
There were a couple times I forgot to reattach it and found out later when I was sinking...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom