New Halcyon Gear for 2003?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gee... It looks just like the one Dive Rite has been making for a number of years.
But, if you read the fine print (and I know the scanning job sucks) it says it has "Baffles along the open end to prevent tipping" and then "Baffled inflation chamber prevents accidental tipping in rough conditions".

We'll have to wait until somebody gets one to see if they are actually any different...

I'll remove the egg from my face now
I couldn't figure out which DiveRite light he was talking about either... :)

..just like they are now. I told you that scanner was messed up! ...I wonder how hard it would be to spot blue liftbags? :D

Hi

Am I understanding you guys correctly?.
I dive wet and I use a redundant system "two of everything". I can't imagine some one trying to add air to there wet suit to obtain lift. If trained correctly you will know that blowing a bag and doing your deco procedures adrift is the only option. Adding air to your wet suit is a dangerous game.

Master Chief

Master Chief once bubbled...
Hi

I dive wet and I use a redundant system "two of everything". I can't imagine some one trying to add air to there wet suit to obtain lift. If trained correctly you will know that blowing a bag and doing your deco procedures adrift is the only option. Adding air to your wet suit is a dangerous game.

Master Chief
I think we misunderstood each other. The closed circuit Halcyon bags are not open bottom and have to be inflated with your LP hose from your inflator on your BC/wing. There was always an argument about how smart it was for wetsuit divers to be unhooking the inflator hose from their wings when they do not have a redundant buoyancy device. To "fix" that problem, Halcyon finally started making an open bottom lift bag so wetsuit divers don't have to do this anymore. There were open bottom bags from many other manufacturers (Carter, DiveRite, etc.) anyway, but Halcyon didn't make an open bottom version until now..

I agree with your assertions about adding air to a wetsuit for lift...pretty crazy. Although, I remember reading somewhere that Exley used to put air into his hood, make an air bubble, remove his reg, and then yell at people while underwater.

ericfine50 once bubbled...
So they have knurled it again. I wonder if the bulb and relfector are still UK? Bad if they are not, now only EE would have them. Wonder what the price will go up to as well.

Eric
I'm betting that they've just gone for a custom rubber head, using the same UK bulb reflector assembly. The body looks the same - they're just trying to get their logo on them :) I'm not about to rush out and replace my Canadian Extremes - the specs are still the same.

Anyone notice Darren has stopped flogging them on eBay? He's still got his website running though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom